Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it may sound like a strange question, but I decided to start the quest from AlfaBB :) All the tracks we have in Ukraine (ex-USSR) were quite good for 60s, but now they get worn-out and are inappropriate for the modern-day racing. I think it is a shame that quite a big country with one of the fastest growing car markets. And I will try to raise the funds for the building of a proper track that would fit FIA or whatever regulations.

Maybe you happen to know or heard of a company or an individual who made a track project or built a track. Please inform me of their names so I could possibly contact them. I will also conduct a search on my own but any help is appreciated.;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Does anyone knows" - OMG, I begin to forget the English language :(

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Here a some links:

http://www.paxtonwatersarchitecture.com/projects.html

http://www.wilsonmotorsport.com/

There is also a well known track designer from South Africa, but I have not found any information

I know it may sound like a strange question, but I decided to start the quest from AlfaBB :) All the tracks we have in Ukraine (ex-USSR) were quite good for 60s, but now they get worn-out and are inappropriate for the modern-day racing. I think it is a shame that quite a big country with one of the fastest growing car markets. And I will try to raise the funds for the building of a proper track that would fit FIA or whatever regulations.

Maybe you happen to know or heard of a company or an individual who made a track project or built a track. Please inform me of their names so I could possibly contact them. I will also conduct a search on my own but any help is appreciated.;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Alfa-brothers :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
try to find something about Hans Hugenholtz.
He owns I believe, Hugenholtz Property Group, in the Netherlands, is connected to Zandvoort, sponsors Robert Doornbos in Champ Cars, and his father has a curve on Zandvoort named after him. I know he is very knowledgeable on race tracks.
So , look on Google or something and try to get into contact with him.
Do realise that building a FIA approved race track will cost into millions of euro's.
Alternatively, try Klaas Zwart, contact him in Britain at Ascari cars.
He has his own racetrack in Spain. Ascari Race Resort. He knows all about the pitfalls of building a track....
Going by way of Hermann Tilke will be stupendously expensive....
And a bit boring... Not very nice and rather clinical tracks he designs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hans Hugenholtz designed the Suzuka track in Japan. He is now in the board of Spyker Cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hans, I thought so. (that is, hans, aka dink...)
So, there you are!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts