Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
351 Posts
what year car would help greatly...but looks like a temp sensor maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I'm thinking it is the thermal sensor which mounts on the fan shroud. It controls the electric fan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It mounts on the edge of the fan shroud. On my spider it was mounted around 2 o'clock. My A/C isn't installed at the moment but here's a pic of the mounting point.
AC Fan Shroud.jpg

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I have an 89 Quad that I posted earlier about - missing the fan shroud. The A/C is installed and works - now I have to go find out where this sensor is installed as I know the secondary fan works. The sensor may not even be installed. I never cease to be surprised.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I have an 89 Quad that I posted earlier about - missing the fan shroud. The A/C is installed and works - now I have to go find out where this sensor is installed as I know the secondary fan works. The sensor may not even be installed. I never cease to be surprised.
It is an Alfa

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mount it to the firewall. It turns on the AC fan if the engine compartment is too hot. If I drive mine on an over 100F day, it will come on sometimes for 5 or 10 minutes after I turn the ignition off. I then raise the hood to help cool it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts