Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
I don't know the car, but Camissa is well known in the Bay Area. In period was an Alfa dealer, they wheel and deal restored Alfas from time to time. Typically their prices are high, but they are a dealer.

They call this an "outlaw," which I would not call it, it's not that far from stock, and I think of it as a Porsche term.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The pink interior just doesn't look right---

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Car generally looks nice. That price is out of control, though. I don't like the steering wheel at all, and the horn button is upside down. I wonder what else obvious things might need attention?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
The missing grille pieces and reset odometer justify the price.
Heck, my GTV must be worth over 100k now !

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The steering wheel is easily swapped. I am twenty grand lower on price so I dont think is worth my time or theirs. Looks like a very nice car I dont see it selling at that price anytime soon.

Thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Original black interior for half the cost of what's been installed would have made a huge difference on this GTV.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Commenting only on the interior, not the deal, I really like the interior and like it a lot. Nice to see a white car too. They look good in every color but they most commonly are only seen in 3-5 common colors.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
In terms of asking price, it is definitely up there, but prices for top condition GTVs of any model do seem to be on the rise quite significantly, here in Oz, in Europe and the UK, so am not surprised also for the US.

I actually really like the red connolly leather interior. I had the interior for both my Giulia Super and Fiat AC 124 sport done in tan Connolly leather. The steering wheel is crap and a nice original Hellebore woodrim or alternatively Nardi Classico would be far nicer. An easy fix. Ditto the headlining is not something I would have done, the original snake bite headlining would have been preferable. However, the bodywork looks superb, the mechanicals look superb, and so hence the price it is probably not that far wrong given what would have been spent on the GTV.

Just recently there was a 2L GTV out here in Aus with an asking price of $60K AUD and it had been restored to a seriously high specification, and authentically. It has just sold (don't know the final price). Similarly there was a flush nose 1600 GT Junior again superb with an asking price of around $40k it also has sold. Currently there is a 1750 with an asking price of over $40K, and I imagine it too will sell given what seems to be happening. Demand for really good cars is on the up.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Alfa-Romeo-1750-1970/SSE-AD-2234863/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

Mind you this second one possibly could be better value price wise ? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Alfa-Romeo-1750-1970/SSE-AD-3084823/?Cr=2&sdmvc=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts