Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 61 spider and am not sure of the correct arrangement of the cables through the forward bulkhead!! As viewed from the front of the car I believe the inner-most grommet above where the hand throttle wire comes through, there should be the choke, and the washer bag tubbing. Not sure of which goes first.
Moving toward the fender above the steering column the next should be the oil press hard pipe, the speedo cable and then the tach cable!! Not sure of what order?? and of course the closest to the fender would have the volt regulator and relay harness..... Does anyone know the order in which they go, starting from the center and working outwards toward the fender.
Thanks Ric

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ric
It seems you have a workable pattern. Windshield washer tube is usually in with the speedo and tach cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sapien, I have since found that the washer passes through its own hole below the center grommet.... Your photo supports that the choke is by itself ....and the 3 hole one looks like it is oil/speedo/tach moving outward from center on your car. I am going to start laying it out soon, and see what looks/works best. There is a car close by that is still a driving original car and is 280 or so serial #'s newer than mine. I use that for refrence when I can. Don't know how to post photos on this site.... but check out my car at www.rmlautomotive.com on the resto page. That is If my son has been keeping up with the stuff.
Thanks again
Ric

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ric
As chance would have it, I viewed you site last night. Very nice work!
I wish you miles of smiles once completed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pat,

hat's off to you!, I also just viewed your site...the car looks wonderful, hope to see it at the Winter Park concours this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts