Premium Member
26,700 Posts
And how is this?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Alfisto Steve said:
And how is this?
Alot better than before...but still a little spacey - if I may suggest, instead of double spacing the bottom part of your sig, keep them single spaced and underline the subjects. for example:

before:

Daily drivers: 91 Bianco 164B ALFA 4ME, 91 Argento 164B 1QUIK AG

164L Rescue projects: 93 Rosso, 92 Bianco, 91 Argento, 91 Nero; 91 Verde 164L

A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine

after:

Daily drivers: 91 Bianco 164B ALFA 4ME, 91 Argento 164B 1QUIK AG
164L Rescue projects: 93 Rosso, 92 Bianco, 91 Argento, 91 Nero; 91 Verde 164L
"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

that way, you can keep everything you want in it while scrunching it and still maintaining style :)cool:)

It's just a suggestion - either way, its alot better/shorter than before; kudos!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Hit an Apex said:
I find it very annoying. Sean, you have a long one too.:(

I think mine is boarderline, and probably should be condensed.
What annoys me to know end, is when people put a phrase in a foreign language and I have to go to "free translation" to see what their talking about;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
You guys with short one have signature envy:) ............
What annoys me is people putting Non Alfa's in there sigs...........
Cars previously owned...........
Their Mums cars and Dads cars and their great Uncle Billy Bobs cars etc etc....
John
p.s. Just bought a concourse 75/Milano 3 Speed so I better go and add that one to my Sig ....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,975 Posts
Yes, they do. It wastes space and makes scrolling more difficult. I have several with massive signatures/pictures/etc on my ignore list. Since they rarely had anything interesting to say in their posts other than trying to attract attention to themselves, it's no loss.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
John, I agree. It's also amazing that some people put not 1, not 2, but 3 pictures in their signature! I guess it would be a different story if you were viewing this text only like some people do. Isn't there an option to not show signatures or is that for posting only?

·
Registered
528 Posts
In the old days on usenet the rule was a max of 4 lines in the sig and a proper sig delimiter. Anyway.

If you go to the User CP, click "Edit options" and scroll down to "Thread display options" you can uncheck the "Show signatures" option and they're awl gorne.

Likewise with the avatars in case someone is using an annoying animated GIF which has gotten old by now.....

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
elite38868 said:
Takes up an entire page on my tiny 17" monitor here at school!! ;) :eek:!

Oh brother! :rolleyes: Let me ask you this, if you are soo annoyed with it how come I have not heard anything about it? Why no IM's? Why no e-mails? I actually do PAY for it. I have donated plenty of times in the past for the advertising and to keep this forum afloat! So let's not come to conclusions about things when you don't have the appropriate information.

If you were in the business you would get it.
I do appologize if I offended anyone with my signature, I by no means meant any harm by a signature that was to large! Maybe next time instead of a post a simple IM or e-mail would have sufficed, no?

Ciao!:)

PS my old signature jpeg only took 27.07 KB of space.

This was my image!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Jason, check your pm. All I wanted was it to be a little smaller. The banner is fine, but it was just so lengthy. Now we can barely tell you're a supplier, put your banner up back there!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Jason, check your pm. All I wanted was it to be a little smaller. The banner is fine, but it was just so lengthy. Now we can barely tell you're a supplier, put your banner up back there!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Damnit, we are back to this again! (Jason, I'm NOT talking about you!). I'm talking about people who are listing every car they've owned since they were 5 and its still vertical. Also, people are putting pictures up there again. I just hate scrolling through all of it when I'm trying to read something important. Is there a way to not show member's signatures?

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is not just signatures that need reviewing..

Hi,

Can I also suggest that posts also contain a real name & at least the country where the sender resides. The BB is worldwide, & Serpentchaser or whatever isn't that informative as a name, although it might be amusing (?). If someone is looking for a part or source, a lead on one 12,000 miles away might not be that useful.

Regarding signatures, small is beautiful.

Tony Stevens
England

·
Registered
418 Posts
Damnit, we are back to this again! (Jason, I'm NOT talking about you!). I'm talking about people who are listing every car they've owned since they were 5 and its still vertical. Also, people are putting pictures up there again. I just hate scrolling through all of it when I'm trying to read something important. Is there a way to not show member's signatures?

kroehl said:
If you go to the User CP, click "Edit options" and scroll down to "Thread display options" you can uncheck the "Show signatures" option and they're awl gorne.
- Maybe you should read people's posts instead of their sigs :D

I have "show signatures" disabled on every forum I frequent, bliss.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LOL, well, sometimes people aren't specific with an issue they're having with their car, so I look at their signature which also hopefully has their name on it. Sigh....LOL

21 - 40 of 51 Posts