Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,
I own a 1750 Spider. It was actually manufactured in February of 1970, but has a round tail. My tool kit is complete except for the pliers.

I have read through the different tool kit threads and have collected a few photos of tool kits from the 69 1750 era.

I would like to watch ebay over the next year or so and get the exact correct ones. The problem is there are a bunch of sellers that say their pliers are alfa, but for all I know, they could have been from a hardware store. And they rarely mention the exact model and year they came out of.

My problem is the photos in the threads are kind of small and dark, because many times they are taken as a complete kit. I am having trouble seeing the details on the pliers and shapes of the tips, and handles and pattern of the hash marks on the handles.

I was hoping I could get some detailed photos, so that I can compare to pliers that pop up for sale.

Thanks for your help. I just am trying to avoid paying $75 for the wrong thing. I realize that Alfa probably wasn't too anal about what pliers they were sourcing, and they probably changed over the years, but I imagine, for the most part, they stayed the same within model years

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Dear Forum,
I own a 1750 Spider. It was actually manufactured in February of 1970, but has a round tail. My tool kit is complete except for the pliers.

I have read through the different tool kit threads and have collected a few photos of tool kits from the 69 1750 era.

I would like to watch ebay over the next year or so and get the exact correct ones. The problem is there are a bunch of sellers that say their pliers are alfa, but for all I know, they could have been from a hardware store. And they rarely mention the exact model and year they came out of.

My problem is the photos in the threads are kind of small and dark, because many times they are taken as a complete kit. I am having trouble seeing the details on the pliers and shapes of the tips, and handles and pattern of the hash marks on the handles.

I was hoping I could get some detailed photos, so that I can compare to pliers that pop up for sale.

Thanks for your help. I just am trying to avoid paying $75 for the wrong thing. I realize that Alfa probably wasn't too anal about what pliers they were sourcing, and they probably changed over the years, but I imagine, for the most part, they stayed the same within model years
My 69 had pliers like these although there were probably some supplied that were different. No name or numbers stamped anywhere, 160mm long, black body with polished head, cross hatching on the handles, rounded handle tips. I've seen handles that are wider at the bottom such as the ones shown, and some that aren't much wider than the head at the bottom of the handles.

FYI, I regret selling this tool bag.

Chuck

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts