Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Not to me. It's only worth what someone will pay. If someone can be found who has 20K burning a hole in their pocket it just may bring that price.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Do You Think An Alfa Spider 1991 - One Owner Car With 7851 Origal Miles- Garage Kept - Can Be Really Worth $ 20,000 ??
If the car is beautiful condition, then yes... and at an auction such a car would easily surpass the amount mentioned. (Yes, I do have first hand knowledge of concours condition Spiders changing hands above the $20k mark.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Am Actually Looking To Buy An Alfa Spider 1991 To 1993 With Low Miles..can You Help Me? Do You Have Any Resources That I Can Use To Find A Good One? Beside This $ 20,000 One Which Sounds A Little Too Expensive...maybe For $ 18,000...please Let Me Know..thanks

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I Am Actually Looking To Buy An Alfa Spider 1991 To 1993 With Low Miles..can You Help Me? Do You Have Any Resources That I Can Use To Find A Good One? Beside This $ 20,000 One Which Sounds A Little Too Expensive...maybe For $ 18,000...please Let Me Know..thanks
Alex,

It would be good for you to post where you are located... Certainly there are plenty of s4 Spiders for sale, in varying degrees of conditions. For example, take a look at www.autoextra.com. Also, the Alfa Romeo Owners Club (no affiliation to this BB, although many of us are members of the AROC) is a great source for seeing cars in person. You could join your local chapter and get to know the cars before you decide on which one to buy. The web site is www.aroc-usa.org. The AROC monthly publication is the "Alfa Owner".

If you need help evaluating a car, then don't hesitate to ask. Many of us can help you there, as well.

Best regards,

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the Spider in San Diego with 7850 miles is more desirable, especially from an investment/resale standpoint. CE Spiders are nice, but one with 33,000 miles is not that incredibly unusual, though a 1991 Spider with 7850 original miles would be. Spider in San Diego worth 20-22K in my opinion. CE Spider worth 16-18K in my opinion. A lot depends on condition as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's True But We Also Have To Consider That 1991's They Made Plenty Back Then...but Only 190 Cars Of The Ce Edition..that Is Why I Dont Know Welll Where To Lean Because Of This Specific Situation

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess I don't think that many people put a huge premium on the CE editions.
What is rarer today? A 1991 with 7850 miles in pristine condition, or a 1994 CE with 33,000 miles (assume pristine condition). I say the 1991 Spider....

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I guess I don't think that many people put a huge premium on the CE editions.
What is rarer today? A 1991 with 7850 miles in pristine condition, or a 1994 CE with 33,000 miles (assume pristine condition). I say the 1991 Spider....
Actually the 1991 Spider is the best year of all the Spider and the black ones are the fastest! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The 1994 Spider Ce is really just an after-market upgrade of a wood trimmed interior. It looks nice if wood trim is your thing but that's it. They offer nothing more over what was available on the 1991 Veloce. Personally, I prefer the typical tan interior over the wood trim and if I was crazy enough to buy any of these Spiders for $20K I'd go with the 1991 model for the mileage alone.

Btw, no Spider is worth $20K in my opinion...unless its an immaculate '67-69 Duetto...and even then $20K is a stretch.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
ALEXNOW - are you bidding on that 91 spider with 7851 miles on ebay? it looks like a fine example. almost new. you dont want to keep passing up opportunities because then you will keep waiting! now is the time to drive!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I am a firm believer that a car should be inspected before paying any money. Chips, swirls and scratches just don't show in any of the pictures. There are many things that look really good on this car, but there are also other things that are a bit unusual and sounds like the seller is over-selling his car. For example, it has a non-OEM vinyl top. I don't know why the top needed to be replaced, but these cars came with a cloth top, and the price difference between the two is about $250. A bit "cheap" for someone to replace the top and not use the correct material, especially since the labor is a major expense. Note also that this is a Spider, not a Veloce, and it has the steel wheels with hubcaps. Last, but most important, cars with very low mileage could have problems with seals that harden and in general everything that is rubber needs to be looked at... Not saying that there will be anything wrong, but that the seller's word should not be taken at face value and the car should be inspected.

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I Understand That The Top On This Paricular Car Is Original !!
In no uncertain terms, that top is not original. The OEM top on series 4 Spiders was canvas, not vinyl. Spiders had vinyl tops through '81. Then the only edition that came with vinyl was the Spider Graduate, from '85 to '90.

Also note the discoloration on the engine under-hood. This is a bit odd, given the mileage. The engine bay has been power washed, and while there is nothing wrong with that, I do wonder what blew onto the under hood to discolor it so broadly...

Best regards,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can You Please Post This Questions To The Seller That Is Selling On Ebay ? I Wanna See His Answers...isnt? I Would Like To Maybe Buy This Car And I Appreciate Your Comments Very Much !! They Are Helping Me Alot..please Do If You Can !!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts