Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in contact with a spanish guy who is selling this car for just 7000 euros... :confused:
He sent me a lot of pictures , and the VIN Number.
He also sent me his phone number.
He says that if i want the car, he will give the car to a company that will arrange everything, transport etc for 580 euros, then i will have to pay the company the 30% of the 7000 euros, and then they will deliver the car to me, i can inspect the car and and if i am ok i will give them the rest.
If the car is not as i have expected they will give me back the 30% but i will have to pay 280 euros for the car to be delivered back...

What do you think ? i dont have any experience on this kind of transactions.

p.s. i think i have seen this car in some listing ine the past ...

Thank you in advance.
Raf

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
i guess anyone can get hold of a ton of pictures.
its easy to get details and pics off someone elses advert

that doesnt look like a 7000 Euro car to me.

I reckon, in the UK at least, a step nose for €7000 would be pretty ropey and in need of serious work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Car is too cheap
Shipping is too cheap

The old adage "If its too good to be true, it usually is" should apply!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
is scam...car will never arrive, or it will be another car that is a complete basket case.

Have my spider for sale, serious money, a guy respondend, would have the car picked up and paymant in advance through PayPal. You can guess what was going to happen, car picked up and money withdrawn.
I told him no, only way to deal is cash in hand , at a bank to check it.
Never heard from him again....
I wonder why people, in these days, really go for this al too obvious scam deals...? looks like easy money, and that is why they still succeed in reaching new victims I guess?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Definite scam. There have been lots of very similar scams over the past few years, on Ebay, Car & Classic, Bring a Trailer, Classic Cars for Sale etc. They are usually priced to get your juices flowing, and they are just after someone gullible enough to send a "deposit ". You'd never see or hear from them again.

Talked about on many Forums for different marques of car.

Steer well clear

Steve

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he just sent me his id personal card with his address and etc...
i will send him the link ive found, i want to see if he is going to reply :detective:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Have a little fun first before you run him off to scam someone else. Since you have an address, tell him you happen to have a friend who knows Alfas who is arriving in his town next Friday on business and is willing to take a look at the car for you. If he likes the car, he will pay a 30 percent deposit, cash. Also ask him if the turbo has been serviced recently. I bet it has been!

Then watch the dance begin. Isn't it fortunate that your friend will be in town for several weeks, so when the first date you suggest falls through, you can arrange another, at any convenient time?

it will be fun to see how long you can keep -him- on a string.

Edit: by the way, that Euro Moves website is already suspended.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Euro Moves is on...
But i've sent the link of the real listing to him... i think that he will never reply ...

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is definitely not a scam. The current seller bought it in FL, USA for about $39k and had it shipped to Spain where he realized he was too tall to fit comfortably and is asking 7k euro for a quick sale. My guess is you could get him to include shipping back to the US in this deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts