Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am restoring a 1957 Giulietta spider Veloce (1st series) . Being an Italian car do you know which is the correct headlamp Carello reference? (the one reported on the lens)
00.507.700 or 00.508.700 are for me for RHD cars. Do you agree?
The correct one for me is 07.500.816 (Alfa code 1365.76.866) but this should be the code for the entire headlamp. Does anybody know the code reported on the lens? Do you have a picture of this headlamp?
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The Alfa Romeo cars that were sent to the US used seal beam headlights. The European Alfas used Carello headlights and finding them in the US is almost impossible. I bought Cibie headlights for my Sprint Veloce in 1970 because they had greater output.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Philippeclaud

I, too, would like to add my thanks for this most useful brochure! Really indispensable....

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for this very useful document. Actually I had this document but if you go at the proper page for Giulietta Spider (chassis till #8000) you do not find the reference for the headlamp but only for the external frame.
Am I right or there is something I do not understand?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I see what you mean. The Giulietta spare parts catalogue does not make a difference between non US 750 and 101 spider headlamps or headlamps components. See relevant pages attached. Are they identical ? or not ?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts