Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my car, I am trying to contact the add poster but with no luck. Perhaps one of you know about it? Or Is the add too good to be true?

One of a kind- 64S Alfa Romeo...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4868336671.html

Dear lovers of unique cars... Beautiful...super fast...unique...Alfa Romeo-sport model!!!Original owner...orig Paint,44000k Orig Mi,Original Recaro leather seats, in top condition 9.5/10 Great Maintenance Care from Alfa/Italian Car Shops all of its [...]

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Note that the music amps and wiring is covering the front part of the trunk, where you need access to the fuel pump or hoses should they go bad. Hopefully the add-on was designed to be easily removed, but probably not.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have those exact same cross-overs in my 95 LS. But I have mine hidden inside the doors, where they split the power to the MB Quart tweeters and midrange speakers. Avoids any mess in the trunk.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't noticed that. I have a similar issue in my mustang, I can't get to the spare.

I was more focused on if anyonenew the car or if its just a scam, there are a lot of typos and i haven't heard anything back from the owner. There seems to be a limited number of 5 speed 164s down in socal so I was interested in this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the same ad I responded to in November of 2013 with no response. Right down to the model 64S in description.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I contacted the seller via email and did get a response. I didn't get much more info than what was in the ad. Wasn't really interested in paying extra $ (asking $9k ) for a massive stereo, so I crossed it off the list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the update - $9K for stereo seems a bit rich... now if it had an air suspension system so I could trampoline down the streets of SF - we might be in business:cool2:

·
Premium Member
21,691 Posts
Car has been on SF CL for ages, keeps reposting the same ad with same errors. I'd assume not a scam, I wouldn't think 164s would be a rich area for that, but I guess you never know.

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts