Ah.. don't cry bro....or you'll get the Jersey salute from me😇

·
Premium Member
15,626 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,626 Posts
Boston harbor brings ashore a new enemy: Rising seas
The sea that surrounds Boston crept up nine inches in the 20th century and is advancing ever faster toward the heart of the city. As much as or more than any other coastal city in the country, Boston is confronting this existential threat and is taking steps now to contain the problem.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I will keep an eye out for the news stories of flooding on Cape Cod and Martha's Vinyard..
Boston is a beautiful place.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Boston's sea level is "rising" faster...Yes, it's the result of glacial rebound. When the last ice age occurred, the immense weight of the glaciers ice over thousands of years pushed the land it covered down. Even though the most recent North American ice age began 75,000 years ago, the full extent of that ice accumulation was roughly 23,000 years ago, with the last of the ice vanishing about 10,000 years ago.
So the land beneath the ice slowly, but significantly subsided, while the land around its perimeter was pushed up, it rose. In other words "Boston" went up. Now those glaciers went away like all those of previous ice ages. There was no "Man-made" global warming to pin it on. Boston's existential threat is largely the result of its land subsiding from a natural cause eons old, well before any men were even on the continent. In fact, near the end of this ice age some people finally migrated here over the Bering ice/land bridge. They too had little effect on global climate.
There is some sea level rise going on in Boston (note: We've has sea level rise for 21,000 years). Mostly though, Boston is sinking as areas like Chicago are rising. The Earth's crust is seeking equilibrium.

·
Premium Member
15,626 Posts
Lol, nice try.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice Try? ??
Research it.
I picked it up as a Geology major sophomore year at Occidental College. Along time ago (by human standards) but as true today as then. I re-researched it using current science data, before posting. This stuff is very complicated with intersecting influences a lot of folks have never even heard of let alone considered.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,626 Posts
Might find the Feb 29 issue of Science News interesting. Also, the March issue of EOS, the journal for the AGU (the American Geophyisical Union.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not global warming now it is called climate change, get it climate change like changing the climate. Possible major country’s are in weather warfare. It is very clear to seeweather warfare happening in front of our eyes. Not surprised that humans don’t see it why would I be. I mean people are buying toilet paper to protect themselves from a virus I just don’t get it.

3141 - 3160 of 3235 Posts