Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3121 - 3140 of 3252 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I always have a little humor going on too!
Always liked his African hunter outfit !!
Note the big polluters below... View attachment 1610857
I know this chart is supposed to show how bad China and the rest of the world are. But in the interests of statistical balance I will point out that China has a population four times larger than the US, as do (roughly) the Other Countries line. So even if their CO2 emissions are twice as high as the US, that still means each Chinese person is creating half as much CO2 as each US citizen. And because the EU population is c 525 million it also means each US citizen is creating over twice as much CO2 emission than his Euro equivalent. A more accurate table would show CO2 emission per head of population. Nevertheless, full marks to both the EU and US for turning the curves in the right direction.

And of course the graph misses out the pre 1970 data which shows a long period of industrialisation from the mid 19th century onwards when developed western economies like US & EU numbers were substantially higher than the others.

Winston Churchill had a good line on this (he had for a lot of things). 'Sir, there are lies, **** lies, and statistics'

The suitably expanded version of this chart showing this would neatly encapsulate the point that developing economies make. We, in developed western economies have had 150 years of the benefits of CO2 emissions (cheap fuels, cheap energy, transport etc.) leaving a long term consequence which needs to be fixed. All this whilst developing economies weren't producing CO2 to anything like our scale. It would be a hard heart that said all the developing economies should stick to their pre industrialisation levels. If China can stabilise around where it is then it'll still be twice as clean per head of population as the US.

The photos posted earlier showing LA in the 1970s and today and comparing with China & India would have shown the same point if pictures of China and India were shown in the 70's. While LA was smog ridden in the 1970's those other cities were clean(er). Now it's hopefully a brief moment in history for those cities to have their moment of smog - its just come 50 years later. It'll pass, as it has in LA.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I'm sure that everyone in the EU (and Brittan, now that they are leaving) will happily go back to living in the Dark Ages because some say they must!!
Show us the way!

·
Registered
181 Posts
David,

Yes, I'm happy to blame consumerism for global warming, and so many other things. Everybody should take a trip to their local rubbish tip and view what society throws away. It is shocking and so wasteful. We could probably live just as well as we do now, and consume something like 1/10th of the energy, if we got rid of the current wasteful processes........ [and so-on....]
Please re-read the first paragraph. I think you missed the point of my post. "I'm not looking for an argument, or attempting to disagree with anyone." I also mean no offense, but your response is the reason why, "I normally don't comment in P&R sections."

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
...bye, all.
I'm confused. Are you upset I replied to your post? Were we supposed to just read it and feel warm and fuzzy with your lnowledge.

This is a bulletin board where we chat about things, not a book to read.

Sorry if I offended ...
Pete

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
" suffer from the same logical deficiency: a belief that we have knowledge that, in fact, we do not possess. "
[/QUOTE]
and a good two cents at that!
just my opinion

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Administrator
16,799 Posts
it's been too quiet!

It is a Good Idea to Fact Check things before repeating or sharing them. Top Scientist Hal Lewis Resigns Over Climate Change...

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
There is more to life than polishing out lug nuts!! This has been a very educational thread with input from all over the world!

·
Registered
858 Posts
nice try, but that is an old trick...i produced a source from a nonpolitical professor who did not have a financial reason for his opinion ...please produce a nonpolitical source or scientist who is not being funded by the global warming hoax...big money in global warming

·
Registered
37 Posts
please produce a nonpolitical source or scientist who is not being funded by the global warming hoax...big money in global warming
Can you clarify this for me:
• What does a "nonpolitical source" look like in the USA? Everything you guys talk about seems to be divided up into politics based on two tribes that don't talk to each other much. It looks from over here like there's a single party state in China, and a two party state in the USA. :)

• What does a "scientist who is not being funded by the global warming hoax" look like? Does the "scientist" have to be a meteorologist, climatologist, or can they be a geologist or economist?
Does an academic at MIT or Monash Uni taking a salary for teaching and trying to push out research papers count or are they raking in the "big money"?

·
Registered
858 Posts
hey....the us led the world in reducing co2 emissions in 2019..how did china and india do...can't wait to hear "how dare you" for those countries...aint gonna happen since they want to hamstring only us

3121 - 3140 of 3252 Posts