Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2961 - 2979 of 2979 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
So because one person exaggerated, its ALL BS? Amazing. You know that people often exaggerate due to frustration with people not listening, etc.

Btw: I cant remember the number of people that informed me that Alfa Romeos were rubbish, but I was still able to make my own informed opinion.

And in regards to our environment I've watched for 50 years corporations destroy this place for their mighty profits ... including car manufacturers. Most fake science and news now comes corporations putting their profits, not yours, first.
Pete

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
The ExxonMobil research paper has already been posted in this thread, or linked to. Heck their research in 70's started it all.

What do they say now?
Pete

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Okay I have a little apology to ExxonMobil as their site clear says climate change is real and man made, and they are doing positive things (or is it just words?)

But: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/why-do-some-people-still-think-climate-change-isn-t-real/amp

link above said:
The fossil fuel industry has also invested heavily in conservative foundations and think tanks that promote contrarian scientists and improbable spins on the science.
That link takes you to this book: https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/doi/10.4324/9780203876213.ch14

This says it all to me:
first article said:
At its heart, climate change denial is a conflict between facts and values. People deny the climate crisis because, to them, it just feels wrong.

As I've argued elsewhere, acknowledging climate change involves accepting certain facts. But being concerned about climate change involves connecting these facts to values.
I also searched hard for sites talking about the sun is the blame, and that has been debunked too.
Pete

·
Registered
69 Posts
So because one person exaggerated, ..............You know that people often exaggerate due to frustration
So, exaggeration is the new term for lying? But lying is ok if it suits a particular agenda, then it is no longer lying, but is then called exaggeration... ok I got it... lmao

Thank you for the humor... case closed

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
So, exaggeration is the new term for lying? But lying is ok if it suits a particular agenda, then it is no longer lying, but is then called exaggeration... ok I got it... lmao

Thank you for the humor... case closed
The lie, yes, was the time frame. It is still happening.

There is no case here for you to continue to deny, other than it might not affect me because I will die before it gets really bad.

Even though I am still working on my 30 year 1750GTV restoration and wont be stopping it, I do see the day when the ICE car will be a very rare thing. But life goes on.

I have a life long friend who had a massive medical incident this year. Been in hospital for months and has been told he can no longer: run, cycle, drive and ride his motorcycle. But, as he said, Im still kicking so life just has to change ... as the whole human race has to.

It was fun while it lasted, but we've f'ed our home up. Lets now get on with fixing it!
Pete

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I do understsnd the dislike for Al Gore. Typical political wanker type.

Petr

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Greenland meltdown warning: World's second largest ice sheet is melting far more quickly than previously thought - leaving 400 million people exposed to coastal flooding:

• Damning research predicts sea levels could rise more than two feet by 2100
  • Scientists found ice sheet melting seven times more rapidly than it did in the 90s
  • Greenland ice melting will cause 100 million people to be flooded each year by the end of the century, scientists say

·
Registered
69 Posts
Greenland meltdown warning: World's second largest ice sheet is melting far more quickly than previously thought - leaving 400 million people exposed to coastal flooding:

• Damning research predicts sea levels could rise more than two feet by 2100
  • Scientists found ice sheet melting seven times more rapidly than it did in the 90s
  • Greenland ice melting will cause 100 million people to be flooded each year by the end of the century, scientists say
LMFAO.... in bold.... true left wing style... here, let me help you since you seemed to be brainwashed with that garbage... GO BUY A PRIUS, HUG A TREE, AND THEN GIVE US ALL A BIG CRY.!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The prediction was and is 100% FAKE NEWS..
I could quote so many arguments in both directions but I think this one says it best. In my opinion, it's all fake news on both sides. The arrogance of man to think he really has any impact on this world is laughable. One can sight "science" for either side of the argument but God is the arbiter of our climate, from the great flood to the 10 plagues, and if climate is the way in which He decides to end this chapter, in this way, so be it. Time will tell. The only climate change I'm concerned with is whether or not to put the top down. I too would like to see this tired thread retired. These kinds of discussions are indicative of the lack of respect people have for one and other these days.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
God has nothing to do with how we decide to use our intelligence, technologies we have invented.

But yes let's close this thread. It is depressing to read how many are not prepared to make any concessions to the way they live for others.
Pete

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just came across the one but:
I'm a little pressed for time this year so I'm not about to read 149 pages on the topic so, would someone please read all the pages and submit a summery of all the arguments submitted. Facts showing reasoning behind arguments (along with detailed conformation of facts) must be included to be eligible for the grand prize to be chosen and awarded at sometime in the future.

The prizes under consideration at this time are:
1. The Kennedy compound in Palm Beach.
2. The G.H. Bush compound, On the coast of Maine.
3. Florida White House (Key Biscayne, Fl. ) Next to Bebe's house.
4. The whole city of Venice It.

NB: Bebe (Reboso), Nixon's friend invented the spray can valve. Such a life changing gaget gave him access to the White House. See how easy it is?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I could quote so many arguments in both directions but I think this one says it best. In my opinion, it's all fake news on both sides. The arrogance of man to think he really has any impact on this world is laughable.
Thank you and I agree...!!!
I really would like to keep this thread going... as the left wingers are running to the hills to reload... we need to really review closely some other major environment issues that I am sure we can take care of... the liberal way.

1. The Earth may decide to spin faster or slower on its axis at anytime... the Liberals got this under control.... If we all run counter clockwise or clockwise as needed for 44 hours straight.... that is everyone in the world.... we can offset the Earth's rotation...

2. The distance from the Sun to the Earth.... Liberals got this one smacked.... we send a satellite to Saturn with a tether.... and we wrap it around Saturns rings... If we get too close we can just start up the winch and go forward or reverse as necessary to dial in the distance....

3. Sun's Energy..... now this is the easiest of all.... We'll just put a sling shot on Pluto and slam it into the Sun if things get to hot...

That is Easy as it gets.... Please don't close this thread... we can and will fix the universe...

THANK YOU LIBERALS.... I HAVE SEEN YOUR LIGHT!!!!!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'm a little pressed for time this year so I'm not about to read 149 pages on the topic so, would someone please read all the pages and submit a summery of all the arguments submitted.
[/QUOTE]

No.

2961 - 2979 of 2979 Posts