Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2781 - 2800 of 2982 Posts

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
Nice to know that Bill Gates and Elon Musk don't have an agenda like oil companies do!!
Well they are both spending their fortune to reduce CO2
What does Elon's rockets run on? Unicorn fahrts?
This comment confuses me. His rockets run on the same fuel as other rockets, but this is where you confuse me. Even though he is building rockets he is still trying to reduce our production of CO2. He is building rockets because he believes the Earth is stuffed and we need to have a plan B ... to my understanding.

So I'm not getting your agenda comment. Neither men are reliant on oil sales for their profits.
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Neither men are reliant on oil sales for their profits.
Pete
Yes they are.

Tesla has plastic in it and requires electricity and the same for computers.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Computers and rechargable batteries are some of the filthiest items to produce and recycle.....
Those that make their millions from them need their virtue signaling and carbon offsets to justify their lifestyle.
See how easily some will disregard rocket exhaust if it is for a good cause?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Get ready!

It is totally pointless to have a thread "Do you believe in global warming?" Some people cannot see facts staring them right in the face. This is NOT a matter of belief. It is a fact. The only issues are what can we do to stop it. It has been increasing annually since the start of the Industrial revolution and use of coal and fossil fuels. I don't care to still be on this thread when it becomes a matter of I TOLD YOU SO! Stupidity of the deniers is still just plain stupidity. Let's call it for what it is. The issue now is what can we do about global warming. Greenland is melting. I am logging OUT OF THIS THREAD!

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is totally pointless to have a thread "Do you believe in global warming?" Some people cannot see facts staring them right in the face. This is NOT a matter of belief. It is a fact. The only issues are what can we do to stop it. It has been increasing annually since the start of the Industrial revolution and use of coal and fossil fuels. I don't care to still be on this thread when it becomes a matter of I TOLD YOU SO! Stupidity of the deniers is still just plain stupidity. Let's call it for what it is. The issue now is what can we do about global warming. Greenland is melting. I am logging OUT OF THIS THREAD!
Sorry it is not a fact. The denier is you.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Is it a conspiracy? Good question to which I answer let's look at the facts. When pretty much all of the so called science has been based solely on the "data" and thusly the graph presented by NASA and NOAA that these scientists are working from is adjusted or paramaterized data then something is very wrong. They all get the same answer because they are working with the same bad data. These 2 don't tell you that unless you ask and then they have to tell you what they have done to the data or they would be liable for fraud. Please take a look at the original data and read about it in the newspapers of the time and you will see where the 1930"s was the hottest decade in the last 120 years and they were saying the same things about climate that we are saying today except CO2 levels were about 300ppm. So a conspiracy? (check)

When a young scientist can't get a job at any lab or government department or university unless he/she bows down to the anointed conclusion that we are all going to burn in hell (actually earth) and it's all man's fault due to fossil fuel use then (check) it's a conspiracy. When you can't get high quality papers published in supposedly esteemed journals because the conclusions they come to don't align with the powers that be and they purposely delete papers they don't like then (check) it's a conspiracy.

When every news outlet in the country will not allow opposing views from some of the best climatologists and climate physicists on the planet and just dismiss them as deniers (love that word!) then (check) it's a conspiracy. When the cabal says we can change it all by just switching to solar and wind and completely leaving out nuclear power, which by the way is the only way you can reduce CO2, and they leave out all discussion about the down side of solar and wind and the tremendous upside to fossil fuels then (check) it's a conspiracy. I could go on and on with this list but really just ask oneself what better way to control the world and its people than by making EVIL the one thing that the world is exposed to (AND NEEDS FOR SURVIVAL) on a continuous basis every second of every day. And yes that would be CO2; the staff of life upon which every living creature depends. So again (check) it's a conspiracy.

However at this point I would ask anyone who is really interested in this explosive topic to please be a pragmatist and look and read both sides carefully. There is sooooo much more to our climate that is not understood (but the one that is understood is that computer models absolutely cannot predict future climate changes). At this point it's all just being ignored and not even studied at any government funded institution and that is a really pathetic state of affairs. In my previous thread I named just a handful of top scientists AND environmentalists who truly care about the truth. Again if you are not including opposition studies in your search you are fooling yourself into thinking you know it all.

Environmentalists have done a great job convincing the world that man is bad and that the earth as given to us by Mother Nature (or God) is perfect in every way just the way it is. The problem is that Mother Nature is not a kind and loving mother but in fact a motherf*@^er who reeks havoc on the earth and its inhabitants on a daily basis. Don't be fooled way too many of these groups despise you and your family and would not mind if we all just died so the earth could be cleansed and rid of the human scourge. Remember they call themselves environmentalists, which to me means their value system is earth first everything else second, not humanists where humans come first and then humans can tend to the earth.

I'm not coming at this from left field I was a geochemist for 40 years and most of that, but not all, with the Feds so I do have a working knowledge into how things are done in federally funded institutions of all sorts.
Well thought out and written essay.

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
Agree plastic is a massive issue, probably bigger than CO2 production.

Note re Bill Gates he has acknowledged CO2 is a problem because he's started a new carbon capturing venture.

And also he, like us, is an oil consumer not producer so a very unfair IMO to lump him in with the oil company conspiracy pushing lot.
Pete

·
Registered
167 Posts
Subtle and 101/105guy

Thank you for your response. I know this is an explosive issue but with many many trillions of $ at stake it would be great if people would do some research and look at all sides of this issue. Don't take my word for it, do some honest searching and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm actually not sure. But experiencing heat waves the past couple of years makes me think that it is.
Heat waves equal (tiny) fractional annual increases in global mean temperatures? Please explain.

·
Registered
497 Posts
this is were we live.. there is no other home for us... why would you take the risk of soiling this place?the earth is not yours.. it belongs to ALL the children that will come after us..for many generations..

Attachments

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
The thread title is wrong on all counts. We ALL agree that our home is warming, but the cause of it is the debate.

The title should be changed to: Do you believe CO2 is the cause of "global warming"?

My view, and surely we can all agree on this, is that the increase in CO2 volume is surely not helping the situation, even if the cause is the Sun's orbit, etc. And before you say it, yes CO2 is useful for plant life, but we are cutting it down so fast that it is not there enough anymore to consume the CO2, yet even more of it.
Pete

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
"My view, and surely we can all agree on this, is that the increase in CO2 volume is surely not helping the situation, even if the cause is the Sun's orbit, etc. And before you say it, yes CO2 is useful for plant life, but we are cutting it down so fast that it is not there enough anymore to consume the CO2, yet even more of it.
Pete"

Sorry, as much as some would like everyone to agree, most do not.
Temps have gone up and down over the ages. Weather has changed wildly and people have been trying to predict the future of crops and food production since man began. Some cultures made offerings to various gods for favorable weather and as far as we know they had similar effect on weather as the currant crop of medicine men....

But please, do your part to save the planet. Sing cum-ba-ya and live carbon free.
Let all of the rest of us alone!

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
I do have a bicycle, but while alloy, not that flash. If I worked closer I'd ride it to work, weather permitting. Done this before and really enjoyed it.
Pete

2781 - 2800 of 2982 Posts