Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2661 - 2680 of 2954 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Or more directly....
So much nonsense has been put out that more and more people just will not believe more scare stories!
Bird flu, fire ants, AIDS....
None quite worked out as the global pandemic that we were told about.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Or more directly....
So much nonsense has been put out that more and more people just will not believe more scare stories!
Bird flu, fire ants, AIDS....
None quite worked out as the global pandemic that we were told about.
How heavy is that rock you live under?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Randy,

While I agree that a lot of things are overblown by all kinds of media outlets, to put AIDS in a row of "Scare stories" and then label it that it is not a global pandemic is just wrong.

Since we track complications from HIV/ AIDS, over 70 million people got infected and over 35 million people died from those complications. In 2017, almost 40 million people lived with HIV, in 2018, 43% of those were women. Africa is hit the hardest with over 4% of the entire population living with HIV.

If these numbers (Courtesy of WHO) don't constitute a global crisis, then I do not know what does.

We all just get desensitized by all the other **** in the media and we loose sight of the real issues in this world. Instead of fighting ****ing trade wars that are completely unnecessary, I rather increase research funds to find a cure for cancer ... just sayin' in the best, most naive and idealistic way.

Mike

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
I'm going to step out of this thread again. I'm astonished that some of you are so self centred that the idea of paying any form of tax to help others is beyond you. That is simply unbelievable to me, and very sad.

JFK said it best: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country", and yet listening to some of you undoubtedly proud Americans, you won't pay a single dime to help another "American" or even future generations of your family. Your health system is the saddest thing that exists in any so called first world country, and yet "you" fight tooth and nail to not change it to HELP others that are less fortunate than yourself ... do you have no conscience? And now this same pathetic attitude is used for the health of this very thing that sustains life for all of us, (better spell out what I mean) our Earth.

You firmly believe "I'm all right Jack and don't give a toss about anybody else". Who grows up like that? (other than your current President that can only think about money and doesn't give a toss about the land you all live on and the fact that once you use it all up, it cannot return, it's gone and gone forever)

Now I wouldn't give a flying "beep" but unfortunately (and I really mean this) we all share the same planet!, so I have to care. If the hopefully small percentage of self centred American's lived on another planet, I could not care less ... other than feel sorry for your children and their children ...

I'm frustrated and pissed off now. Life was better when I did not know AlfaBB members personal views, just talked about cars ... and of course you will come back with the usual smart comment about a lefty running out of facts and loosing their ****; it's called frustration talking to people that refuse to listen/learn ...
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Your health system is the saddest thing that exists in any so called first world country
I don't know what you have. But I want to keep what I have.

I've had two major surgeries and didn't wait more the a week or so from when I was told I needed them to going into the hospital to have them.

I would also suggest you do some research as to how many billions of dollars we spend to help not only people here but in other countries as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2018/06/11/canadians-are-one-in-a-million-while-waiting-for-medical-treatment/#2e22fcea3e7d

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/top-ten-myths-american-health-care-citizens-guide

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
For more than a decade, as part of my main work and for my own interest, I have been criticizing the concept that modern industrial society is going to "fry" the Earth.
There is a lot of places where the promotional money could be more wisely spent, rather than on straight propaganda.
And it is beyond money and taxes.
It is a complete waste of someone's earnings and savings.
Climate hysteria has been contrived and promoted as a means to control people.
Read up about Maurice Strong and the United Nations and one-world-government.
This is not selfish it is trying to protect myself and family from control freaks.
On health systems:
Canada so far as expenditure per capita ranks about seventh out of some 30 nations in the OECD.
Delivery of medical services in Canada ranks about 27th.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
On the science side, as only having obtained a BSc., I check my understanding of the physics with a PhD Professor Emeritus from Princeton.
And the geology by a Prof Emeritus in Geology from Melbourne.

·
Administrator
16,407 Posts
I'm frustrated and pissed off now. Life was better when I did not know AlfaBB members personal views, just talked about cars ...

I'm going to step out of this thread again.
Stepping away is probably a Good Idea.

I would also suggest you wean yourself off the profit oriented media. They seem to foment controversy (and perhaps even outright hate?) with opinion disguised as reporting. Come visit the USA, meet her people and I suspect you'd have a different opinion. I wish you well.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Come visit the USA, meet her people and I suspect you'd have a different opinion. I wish you well.
I have visited America (loved Hawaii) and you are of course right :)

What I do not like is any person that thinks people below their intelligence or income level do not deserve their help. My understanding of America's health system is it works well, if you can afford insurance. I don't agree with that concept. A country should look after all people's health, rich/poor/homeless/drug addicts, etc. And yes New Zealand can improve in this area, but it is pretty good and cheap for all.

Subtle,
I do not agree with climate change being a just a method to control people or to increase our taxes. The fact that we can see it is happening means it is not those things. Like I said, I have friends that relocated to NZ as refugees because their island home is now flooded. Nobody invented that, and also nobody made a machine to temporarily flood their island.

And yes I am well aware, that all media outlets unfortunately have agendas, but it strange that the right wing think their media outlets are immune from this. Of course only theirs tells the truth ... yeah right! Of course not.

What will it take to change your views?, do you have to wait until your city reaches 55 degrees Celsius or floods. WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG?, and because of people like you the world does nothing. Surely it makes sense to live more efficiently, especially as now we can. And BTW I'm well and truly human and I understand that I could be wrong, but if my side is wrong, all that happens is there is a change of financial power and the oil industries shares devalue ...

Anyway, all the best
Pete
ps: BTW: I would actually vote for a one world government ... corruption means a great concept would fail in reality though :(

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
I've unsubscribed and will do as ghnl suggested.

All the very best to all
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Pete
I've been posting on this thread virtually since it started in 2008. That CO2 "emissions" cause warming has never been proven.
What's more, on the Vostok Chart back for some 400,000 years the reversals to warming trends have preceded the increases in CO2 concentrations by some 600 to 1,000 years.
Heating forces CO2, not the other way around.
So it is another example of authoritarian government selecting a concept that enhances power and wealth to the state.
Previous examples include the dogma that the solar system revolved around the Earth. Or more precisely around the Vatican.
Prison and/or death to heretics.
The next great example was under the religion of Communism.
Lysenkoism.
Question it and it was the Gulag and/or death.
Maurice Strong, a Canadian, was early into the game and stated that environmentalism and later climate was the means to impose one-world-government.
Attendees at the PARIS confab a couple of years ago have stated much the same.
The latest buzz phrase is that Capitalism is causing global warming and the only way to end the warming is by ending freedom.
Very clear.
And very scary.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I get so fricken pissed when I read this crap. Global warming is the biggest pack of lies and bullsh*t ever promulgated to the public, beating even Bush's WMD.

CO2 IS NOT POLLUTION!!! CO2 IS WHAT PLANTS BREATHE TO TURN CARBON INTO FOOD. FOOD THAT WE EAT, ONLY SOME OF US DON'T GET ENOUGH TO EAT, LIKE SEVERAL THOUSAND EACH AND EVERY DAY WHO DIE OF STARVATION.

People are so stupid they will believe any nonsense if "authorities" say it. Cripes!
Randy had it right with the first post.

That was in April 2008.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Subtle (and Randy),

Yes CO2 is food for trees, but everything is all about the correct amounts.

Because of our population growth and clearing for cities, etc. there is a tiny amount of trees now compared to 500 years ago, plus we produce more CO2 now than ever before.

So I can see how, with the amounts now very wrong, a good gas has become a bad thing for the earth, so we need to reduce the amount.

For example, salt isn't a bad thing, can help flavours pop, but if you use too much it can become a health issue ... again, everything needs to be the right amounts
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Pete
Please cite empirical proof that CO2 causes climate change.
Vostok says "No!".
Please cite the establishment's "models" that are even close to getting the last twenty years of temp history right.
The "models" are global warming in, global warming out.
0.04% CO2 is going to overwhelm water vapour at some 4% of the Earth's atmosphere?
And it is going to change the amount of heat received at the Earth's surface from the great ball of heat from the sky.
It has been the biggest promotion in history.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
That's a classic. Demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the science involved then demand "empirical proof" - when of course that full weight of empirical proof would completely overwhelm this server. Then if he did present some small subset of that overwhelming proof you'd call it fake.......then post another broken link to an ad for a "testosterone booster". :thumbup:

Now THAT is some funny stuff!

2661 - 2680 of 2954 Posts