Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2641 - 2660 of 2929 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Good etiquette says no religion or politics at social gatherings...
Global warming is now a religion. A huge red flag was thrown when it was stated that the science was settled. By definition, science is never settled. Science should always be open minded. If CO2 is cause and not the effect, why are the climate models so inaccurate?

Obtaining source climate data is near impossible. Adjusted results are published with a bias toward maintaining research funding.
There are certainly aspects of science that no reasonable scientist questions. Nobody is conducting further research to confirm the earth is round or that is orbits the sun. The science is settled in that sense. Of course it could all be we are but the dreams of someone in a parallel universe, but it makes about as much sense to explore that possibility.

That being said, climate change is very much being actively researched from a wide variety of angles- in part because they want to improve the models as much as possible. It’s like weather- sure the weather man might be wrong that it won’t rain tomorrow, but I’d still prefer they attempt to forecast so I can make an educated guess about top-down driving.

You talk about religion on climate change, but I’m very much open to further insight and research about the topic. Those arguing against it in this thread ignore any evidence put in front of them, or insist it’s part of a scientific conspiracy. I think the religion thing goes both ways.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nothing but too many f---ing people on the earth.
I think humanity has already more or less solved that problem. Due to effective birth control, almost all developed countries have birth rates below replacement. As developing countries get access and go through the required cultural changes (that we went though 50 years ago), birth rates will fall there too. The human population in 100 years will probably be below that of today by virtue of falling birth rates.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Nothing but too many f---ing people on the earth.
Richard is 100% right. We have unbalanced the planet due to our needs, therefore we need to REDUCE our needs or reduce our population.

I honestly think we should do both, as wasting the planets resources is simply stupid and smacks of what Nunki correctly said: selfish, thoughtless behaviour.
Pete

·
Richard Jemison
7,071 Posts
People?

I think humanity has already more or less solved that problem. Due to effective birth control, almost all developed countries have birth rates below replacement. As developing countries get access and go through the required cultural changes (that we went though 50 years ago), birth rates will fall there too. The human population in 100 years will probably be below that of today by virtue of falling birth rates.
As a Realist, I`m afraid you are too optimistic, even this country. Compare birth rates and reproduction statistics here for Caucasians vs. Blacks & Hispanics... Our population is growing...

In the rest of the world particularly Arab, African and other nations that can`t produce food to sustain themselves, are causing population issues in the rest of the world. Then there`s India, China (who has reversed the 1 child law to provide a larger work force and military).

The rest of the world is forced to feed, water etc. to sustain them while they continue breeding.

then who do we cull, from this planet? before you start culling folks from this planet.. should you not look at ones own family first? not so easy, yes.. but easy to cull anyone else?
Re: Family. There were only 2 kids in my family. I decided in the early `70` that I wanted no children. I did adopt my 3rd wife`s son, and that`s my contribution.

My current wife had one son. A colonel in the USAF, with 2 kids. I dread the world that they will mature into, here in the USA.

Probably the best place to start population control is in Congress. W-T-F are they thinking???

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,136 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
There are certainly aspects of science that no reasonable scientist questions. Nobody is conducting further research to confirm the earth is round or that is orbits the sun. The science is settled in that sense. Of course it could all be we are but the dreams of someone in a parallel universe, but it makes about as much sense to explore that possibility.

That being said, climate change is very much being actively researched from a wide variety of angles- in part because they want to improve the models as much as possible. It’s like weather- sure the weather man might be wrong that it won’t rain tomorrow, but I’d still prefer they attempt to forecast so I can make an educated guess about top-down driving.

You talk about religion on climate change, but I’m very much open to further insight and research about the topic. Those arguing against it in this thread ignore any evidence put in front of them, or insist it’s part of a scientific conspiracy. I think the religion thing goes both ways.
You're soooo much more polite than I when it comes to these anti-science mouth-breathers (see what I mean by me not being polite). Have you noted in your discussions with these planet of the ape types (I did it again) that their primary source of information is Fox News? I'm no scientist myself but I can connect those dots.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
You're soooo much more polite than I when it comes to these anti-science mouth-breathers (see what I mean by me not being polite). Have you noted in your discussions with these planet of the ape types (I did it again) that their primary source of information is Fox News? I'm no scientist myself but I can connect those dots.
You must mean all those other news channels that said Hillary was going to win.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Fox and the word News is an oxymoron. One eyed beyond belief

Pete

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
You must mean all those other news channels that said Hillary was going to win.
Your comment not being on point (or even in the ballpark) aside, what "all those other news channels said" was wrong because they underestimated the stupidity of the American people. If you dust off the button to your TV remote that changes the channel, what you'll see is there is no commercial news media that covers climate change in a meaningful way for fear of losing advertising revenue from the big fossil fuel companies. I believe fossil fuel production and use should be restricted to pre-Fiat takeover Alfas.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Lol, so right.

Hang on that means I won't be able to use my 156v6
Pete

·
Registered
440 Posts
people in Miami beach are having flood( high sea water day really offen now...sea water coming up thru manhole covers, bay water onto the beach...,, did not happen 40 - 50- 60 years ago...its not happening, fake news...lol ,other citys on the east coast are having sunny day salt water floods..., wow.. perhaps all you folks that think nothing is happening should by property there,, I have a friend , who will take your money

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
A friend's family has relocated to New Zealand from an island above New Zealand as a refuge due to the island(s) disappearing. So it's definitely happening.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Perceived nemesis and remedy:
"Global Warming"---taxes and regulation!
"Climate Change"---taxes and regulation!
"Catastrophic Climate"---taxes and regulation!
Now:
"Climate Apartheid"--taxes and regulation!
And it is timely to recall Murray Gell-Mann's definition of s authoritarian system.
While intended for theoretical physics it works in political history:
"That which isn't compulsory, is prohibited."
Which elegantly describes every ambitious movement in politics.
From communism to today's cringing equivalent--liberalism.

2641 - 2660 of 2929 Posts