Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know anything specific except that the paint looks nice and shiny:) It has obviously been re-painted, but was it a re-spray or a bare-metal job? It's a very pretty car. I'm wondering if the picture resolution is giving it that "looks nice from 20 feet" gloss. Red flags are the rusty air box (what else is going on in the engine compartment?), the dash cap, and the fact that all the under-carriage pictures don't focus in on anything important (i.e., jacking points), though you can clearly see an exhaust that is going to need replacing in the near future.

That said, I'd be tempted if I were in the market. The '71 is my favorite non-stepnose year and the color combination is nice. Personal inspection, sharp object in hand, of the under carriage should be a pre-requisite before making an offer (but anybody reading this probably knows that conventional wisdom).

·
Registered
797 Posts
What's with all the washers under the front spring pans? Is that Alfa approved?
I doubt it.
Are those bolts grade 8 or better?
I doubt it.

Nice and dry undercarriage though. Doesn't look like a lot of oil leakage down there and that's good.
1971 GTV's are always welcome in one's driveway.
They truly are a beautiful car. Hey that rhymes.:)

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
No, that's a cheap expedient way to drop the front end a bit. If the bolts and washers are of sufficient grade, should be OK for the real world. Sure reduces your ground clearance though.
Agree as above that the car appears somewhat shabby in the mechanical areas and shows not the greatest level or work or prep. You really have to see it in person though to judge properly.
Andrew

·
Registered
414 Posts
Typical bone head dealer who thinks that Iniezione is a model designation. And who ever called a GTV a "sports sedan"? Probably got it for cheap and trying for a quick profit. No history. Dash "blanket" so expect that's cracked all up, lots of oil underneath (front seal, trans seals, diff seals probably all leaking) But it is shiny pretty (except the air box) and the seats are not all blown out. It could be solid and a fair price. Or not.

·
Registered
426 Posts
this car was for sale through the bb a few years ago. I was interested until i saw the bondo work in the rockers/sills, someone made all 3 pieces majically become one. take a look in person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts