Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the front end of my 1988 Graduate jacked up and when i start the car it dies as soon as the engine reaches idle.

I haven't had any trouble with the car idling or starting until i put it on jacks. I'm using the regular jack points.

If i keep my foot on the gas pedal, then the engine continues to run. Is there an idle adjustment? I don't think there is since the car's got bosch fuel injection.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
You 'may' have damaged the hard lines when you lifted where you did (they run near the area where you had the board)

Does it do it once back on the ground, or are you still up on stands?

Does it do it when it's both hot and cold, or just cold? (AAV could have been disconnected or conveniently decided to get goofy at the same time you were doing something else)

There is an idle adjustment that works with a bypass hose and an o-ring that gets deformed to control the bypass air which in turn raises or lowers the idle speed, and is not located anywhere near the throttle body (put the screwdriver down and slowly back away!)

If you've not been, you may want to jump into the link in my sig to get further information.

There are also several threads on the AAV and the idle bpass o-ring right here in the forum.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sad to admit this...but I had left the connector to the air intake unplugged! Doh. Plugged it in and all was good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts