Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have sent Mr Fazio a mail but I am just wondering what the oldest 105 Sprint GT is on record? I stumbled on the following car. Chassis AR600307 with engine AR0050200640.

Do I have something special as far as 105 Sprint GT goes? It seems really early!

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Trev,

Interesting discovery. There are a few major details which mark out the early cars. The seats and door cards might be different, with cloth inserts. Early cars are known to have used a 106-series spare tyre bolt (see photo) and the bonnet was held open with a self-locking mechanism which proved troublesome. Bumpers were one-piece chromed mild steel. Front indicator lights might be Carello as opposed to the more usual Altissimo, and the rear lights might be split-lens Altissimo as opposed to the more usual Carello. What colour are the horns mounted either side of the radiator?

Your car is unlikely to have any significant differences to other early LHD cars I have seen, but it would be good if you could post some photos!

Alex.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is actually a barn find car and most of the parts are in boxes. It definitely has the troublesome bonnet stay, carello markers and the ally spare wheel nut. The gearbox has a 101 part number and the car has many different features compared to a "normal" 105 car. It looks really old.

I am actually in the process of taking decent pics of everything for ebay, I had to buy the car to get some other goodies that I needed. will have it all pictured and presented on ebay next week I hope.

Really interesting car if it is indeed as old as I think it may be...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is LHD for sure.

The steering box is a ZF unit, the rear window latches are completely different to normal Sprints, I will load up some pics of the odd items that I have not seen before...

And how on earth those cars stopped with Dunlop brakes is beyond me!

The car is absolutely NOT complete, it is just a shell with all the bits and pieces in boxes. It is a total resto project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts