Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a little quiet on the Sedan list right now so her goes. Recently I acquired 1967 Giulia Super AR 342169. Lots of great build history on the BB for this little gem (more on that later), but for now I'm having trouble starting. We had some great weather today so did some investigation and found a fuel delivery problem. 2169 has a 2 liter motor with Weber carbs and a Facet fuel pump. Tracing the fuel line from the fuel tank to the carbs, we found no fuel filter between the fuel tank and the carbs. After doing a little research it seems there may be a filter at the bottom of the Facet pump. We will investigate this further as it is recommended to clean the filter "periodically". The thinking is there should be a filter before the fuel pump, and then after the pump just before the carbs in the stock location.

Any ideas? What would be the best set up for fuel delivery in this case?

Thanks for the input!

DJ

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
deepblue said:
The thinking is there should be a filter ..... after the pump just before the carbs in the stock location.
Right! Most carburated 105's have a fuel filter / regulator mounted just aft of the radiator on the R frame rail. This serves as the fuel filter between the pump and carbs.The one pictured below is similar to the factory part; if you can't find an original, an aftermarket one like this should work as long as the pressure can be adjusted to 3-4 psi.

After doing a little research it seems there may be a filter at the bottom of the Facet pump.
Is your Facet pump the type pictured below? If so, you can twist off the bottom to expose the filter screen. Just put a wrench on the hex pressed into the base, shown on the left side of the photo below.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hi Don, your car being a Super should have had the original filter/regulator mounted on the horizontal rail adjacent the carburetors. You should see the M6 threaded holes on the rail. Here is a photo of my Ti, these didn’t get the filter combo. Where you see the aftermarket fuel filter is the general location of where the original should be but on the rail. I made a little bracket and mounted the f/r where it should be. If you need I have used originals and a new in box, I believe filter king model. These resemble the originals but with an aluminum bowl instead of the glass. Pete.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Peter, the Super does have the mounting tab on the front right frame rail but no filter. Let me look through my spares, I think I may have one. If not I will send you a pm. Does the Filter King you have include a pressure gauge?
thank Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts