Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to restore my father's old Duetto. Since I don't have a garage where I live, I have started taking small pieces to restore at home.

I picked up a spare distributor from the shelf on my last trip. Its a Bosch 041, but the interEurope manual does not indicate if this part is for the Duetto.

I could check the distributor on the car, but I am a few hundred miles away from home.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll probably become a regular on this board in the coming years. :D

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Welcome to the Board, asuppe.

The Spider 1600 (Duetto) was originally fitted with the Bosch 041 distributor.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Bosch Distributors

I have two 67 Duetto's. US versions. The one that I know has the original engine (as least as far as I know back to about the later 70's has a Bosch distributor. The one that I puchased several years ago and apparently has a newer engine, had Marelli Motoplex. I put my old Bosch distributor in it after I spent many months trying to get it to start again after it died and wouldn't start again no matter what I tried. When I changed the distributor, it started right up.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I was having problems with my old Marelli distributer, engine was missing and intermittantly running rough. I replaced it with a Bosch electronic breakerless setup (I believe I bought it from Centerline, possibly International Auto Parts)- starts right up everytime for the last four years, no reliability problems, no points to mess with and looks original (as original as the Bosch equipped Duettos, anyway!)- maybe something to consider- good luck getting the old Duetto back on the road!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. The distributor is in pretty good condition, just needs a little cleaning. So I now have part number 1 of many Should keep me busy for few years. :)

Next come the brakes. By necessity. The car has been sitting so long that it doesn't roll anymore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts