Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding a stock 1600 for my '67 Giulia Super and wondering if anybody has a distributor with electronic ingition for sale.

Any advice on what I should get is also welcome.

Summit Racing has them for $220.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-D7181504?seid=srese2

But I don't mind buying a used one if somebody here has one for the right price.

Thanks,

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looking at the Summit Racing one, What about the vacuum advance? You won't have a port for that with the DCOE's... does the vacuum capsule advance under vacuum or retard? How much advance is mechanical? Just wondering....
RML

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I may have to drill and tap for a vacuum line to get what I need for the vacuum advance. My mechanic said the vacuum advance would be better. We'll see because I just ordered one. Il report back

·
Premium Member
14,035 Posts
Some late model DCOE's have a vacuum connection on the front throat of the front carb - 40DCOE116/117 is one of them.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This for a 67 super so its not really "late model" unless you are into 50's stuff. I'll look at the carbs and see what I see. Can I tap into the manifold?

·
Registered
695 Posts
You really need to know if the vacuum capsule on the distributor advances or regards when it gets a signal...
Some advance when the vacuum signal goes away, like full throttle! Some advance when they get a signal. A little tricky here....
RML

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
For gods sake, just get the correct distributor. No neeed to re-engineer the car.
Some of the replacement distributors sold for Alfas are made for old VWs and have the wrong advance curve. Hint, the VW uses a vacume advance.......

RML makes a drop-in replacement that works very well. You can use the Pertronix kit in your existing dizzy if isn't worn out like most '67 Bosch models.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, mostly I was just posting here to see if anybody had one for sale. My GTV has one of those VW ones with an electronic ignition and it works great.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
I have a Marelli 1750/2000 dist with Pertronix unit, looks unused, I took out of my 74 Berlina, put an RML in it. Includes new cap.
If you're interested send me a PM.
Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts