Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Those crazy Europeans do that to great cars sometimes. I have seen many alike on ebay, its just sad.....

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
netw3rm,

For future reference, can you post this on the classifieds forum or on threads that contain multiple listings like this (you will have to use the search function)?

Thanks and welcome to the bb!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The irony for me is what's written on the back window:
"Pit Bull - West Coast"

This doesn't sound very German and, last time I checked, Germany doesn't have a west coast. So the inspiration must have come from somewhere else, another country that does have a west coast... ;)

-Alex

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Definitely inspired by trends from another continent. :eek: But hopefully the good taste of friend or relative with the unmolested Q4 beside it will rub off. :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Looks like some teenager got a hold of a cheap 164 and thought it was a honda?:confused:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those crazy Europeans do that to great cars sometimes. I have seen many alike on ebay, its just sad.....
iM SORRY but I don't agree with you, Unfortunately that car was a victim because of our society which has leaked into European TV's! Pimp my ride is a great example of bad taste in what some people think they are driving a car in good taste! Again unfortunately the bad taste starts here in the states! Cars aren't the only thing that has hurt the human eye,,,how about some of the clothes u see kids wearing...:eek:

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I had a new friend that had never ridden in my 164 before, get into the back seat and say "this thing is pimped out!" Well I don't know about that, but I did just install an "S" interior. ;) Oh, and he drives a Honda Accord, so maybe it is compared to his stock Accord. ;)
Charles

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
iM SORRY but I don't agree with you, Unfortunately that car was a victim because of our society which has leaked into European TV's! Pimp my ride is a great example of bad taste in what some people think they are driving a car in good taste! Again unfortunately the bad taste starts here in the states! Cars aren't the only thing that has hurt the human eye,,,how about some of the clothes u see kids wearing...:eek:
Well, what other people do to show their 'style' is really not our problem :p
It just makes it easier for us to look 'classy'.

It has been pointed out to me in the past that my 164 was a very 'old man's car'. I'm 27 so being thought of as 'old' is getting to be a problem. Accordingly I have my FIAT Uno Turbo with large wheels, lowered suspension, amp and sub install (fitted into custom box in spare wheel well), and even some white lights under the floor to give a nice glow at night.

But I still prefer the completely-standard 164, which is why I've just bought another one. :D

-Alex

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I have to agree with you

But I would rather see it happen to a honda. Then again, I am sure 164's are way more common in europe, so they are seen as "disposable." Yes we did invent Pimp my Ride, and I am ashamed to admit it came from our country!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts