Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my fuel injection rail on a 90 S3 with Motronic. How do these **** electrical connectors come apart? I'm referring to nearly all the little pin connectors, especially those on the injectors. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
On the connectors to the fuel injectors on my '85, the wire does not wrap around the corner on the ends. Rather, the wire is a pure U-shape. It is held in place by melting a portion of the plastic connector (in the middle of the wire) to cover the wire and hold it in the channel. These are different from all of the other Bosch connectors on the car, which wrap around like Eric demonstrated.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
That doesn't sound right.

Anywho, give this a shot:
On the 'middle' side of the U (completely opposite from Eric's pic) press firmly on the retaining wire and wiggle a bit while pulling.
If all is well with the world, the side legs will bow out a bit and you'll be able to uncouple the plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
plug

hey, i'm looking at this plug and i'm hoping to replace the pins for it. can anyone tell me the name of the plug and/or the name of the pins please?

Regards Alex

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
plug ought to be the 'bosch EV1' type...pins themselves are called fuel injector terminals/pins.
Ebay search should bring up some photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts