Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repairing 92 spider veloce and trying to disconnect the brake pedal arm from the brake booster inside the cabin. Was able to get the nut off ok, but how do you get the bolt out? I’m on day 3 of trying anything. Very grateful for any response. Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The bolt should just push off. It has this weird kinda u shaped piece on the end that keeps the bolt from spinning when you take the nut off. Also, the spring won't go anywhere from the booster because it has a removable collar on it hold the spring in place. I can post a photo if you like. I just removed my setup to replace my booster on my S3 that I would think would be the same as the S4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!!!! I tried a few days ago and nothing happened so I kept messing with the clip so after reading your response I sprayed WD40 and pushed as hard as I could..,and the bolt flew out. Thank you, i was on day 4. Very appreciative, thank you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Now if you want to remove the pedal assembly which I hope you are not but I can tell you if you do need to. I do have an extra pedal assembly available if you need to replace yours for some reason as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now if you want to remove the pedal assembly which I hope you are not but I can tell you if you do need to. I do have an extra pedal assembly available if you need to replace yours for some reason as well.
Sorry, just now seeing this, I think I’m good for the time being, I really appreciate the offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts