Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it's been a while.

I have the dash out and the eyeball vent units removed. The balls are almost completely seized inside their housing and won't rotate. Probably just gummed up and need cleaning. Is there a way to disassemble them? Do they pry apart? Unscrew? Or what?

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just went through this. The vent assemblies snap together. You gently pry them apart. Pay attention to the alignment because they only go together in one orientation. You’ll find there are “nubs” inside that ensure this.

There is a felt strip between the eyeball and the vent body that caused mine to be almost frozen in place. The felt wasn’t gummed up. It almost seemed a little too thick. I put a bit of silicone grease on the contact areas of the eyeballs before reassembly, and that seemed to help.

I hope my explanation is clear and helpful. It’ll be obvious when you take one apart. Just go slow and don’t use excessive force.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dean, that was very helpful.

For anyone else doing this:

There is an outer ring that pops off. My was gummed together so I heated it with a heat-gun first then gently prised it off.

As Dean says there are a few small lugs that need alignment for re-assembly.

I've attached some photos. In the 3rd one you'll see the lug and the slot - they are really tiny. Last photo shows the felt Dean referred too. Hope that helps someone.

Camera accessory Lens Camera lens Gas Font

Composite material Personal protective equipment Auto part Cleanliness Automotive design

Automotive tire Tire Belt Rim Hat

Tire Automotive tire Tread Dishware Alloy wheel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts