Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the ole ladies 164S has been up and running a few weeks it's time to look at some other issues.........
The drivers seat has what appears to be a broken spring sticking up on the bottom seat area. It feels ready to pop through the leather at any second, so I would like to try to do something about it before it does!!

Has anyone taken these seats apart and are there any tricks or things to watch out for? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Now that the ole ladies 164S has been up and running a few weeks it's time to look at some other issues.........
The drivers seat has what appears to be a broken spring sticking up on the bottom seat area. It feels ready to pop through the leather at any second, so I would like to try to do something about it before it does!!

Has anyone taken these seats apart and are there any tricks or things to watch out for? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-

I have. I don't have time to explain it right now but if you give me until tomorrow I may be able to explain it the best I can. I have done it a few times, complete disassemble of them down to the frame.

Jason

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHOOO-HOOOOOOOO.......

Whenever ya git 'round to it, I aint in that big a rush anyway!!:cool:

The broken spring will probably shoot through the leather tonight
just cuz I said that, huh?!

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
WHOOO-HOOOOOOOO.......

Whenever ya git 'round to it, I aint in that big a rush anyway!!:cool:

The broken spring will probably shoot through the leather tonight
just cuz I said that, huh?!

Pull the seat, release the round claw hooks that hold the leather seat down on the frame. Slide back tongue through under the back seat (you'll see), There may be some cloth tie downs as well that need to be loosened.
Then you can basically remove the bottom seat cushion.,I may have forgot some minor thing syou can figure out on the way. Unplug seat heater:p

Should be able to get you to the spring and see whats up. Hope that helps?

need more help call me.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts