Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am presently making a new parcel shelf for my 2000 GTV.

I need to know the exact dimensions + positions (to the nearest 0,5 mm) of the holes at the fore end of the parcel shelf measured from the front edge of the shelf and from the centreline. There are:-

1. three holes for screws, and
2. two holes for the pins of the seat back. Also specificaly for these last two holes, I need to know whether they are oval or round and their size. And of course their position both form the centreline and the fore edge of the shelf.

Problem is I don't have access to the car body at this moment to check the dimensions as it is in storage.

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Joseph:

I wouldn't cut or drill the board for the rear shelf until you have your own body available for reference. Alfa changed some of these dimensions from year to year, and perhaps even from car to car. So, some BB member might measure their shelf to the nearest .001mm, but the hole spacing on their body might be quite different from the spacing on yours.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joseph:

I wouldn't cut or drill the board for the rear shelf until you have your own body available for reference. Alfa changed some of these dimensions from year to year, and perhaps even from car to car. So, some BB member might measure their shelf to the nearest .001mm, but the hole spacing on their body might be quite different from the spacing on yours.
Alfajay,

Thanks for your advice.

What surprises me then is that replacement parcel shelves are sold ready with holes punched and provided with fasteners (eyelets). There are two types, one for cars built between '64 and '69, and one for '71 to '76!

Joseph

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Joseph:

You had written: "There are two types, one for cars built between '64 and '69, and one for '71 to '76!"

And, your car is a 1970, right?

I believe you when you note that manufacturers pre-drill these holes. But, whenever I try to fit something like this that has been pre-drilled, I always find that I would have positioned the hole a little bit away from where the manufacturer put it..

But, hey, you won't hurt my feelings if you get the dimensions from another BB'er, and drill the holes. I hope it works out!

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts