Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Thatis pretty much the diagram from my '72 Giulia Super 1.3 1nd 1.6. I suggest it isn't for your car are the first one is. The only way to confirm is to get the correct manual. Jim Neil (Papajam) was the caretaker of the tech manuals for AROC and now that he has left the earth I dn't know how you can get a copy.. The one thye have on file is
Nuova Super 1600 05/75 2216 R1 English

Carl750 and VabeneGTV each have a car like yours and they might be able to help with a manual or wire diagram confirmation. The forum you chose was not probably on their radar. It would have been better to go directly to the SEDANS rather than electrical. Both these guys are active so PM them

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Grazie for the referrals.
I have the Italian version of the owner’s use and maintenance manual and my Italian’s pretty good. One of my first pictures is from that and it matches the copy in my other picture of the one from Papajam (#2216 R1 1975)
I’ll disregard that last one that I posted that’s for your car.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Keep in mind the H$ lamp has an INTERNAL ground connection.. IWant I mean by that is ONE of the three prongs is a ground .. usually at 3 o'clock. The single pole H1 light has toe use an external ground on the bulb like the outside casing of the connector housing on the bulb.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I'm guessing the inner with two wire feeds the other inner light, so basically one of the two wires feed the inner light with the one wire to that originates from the other side.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think you’re right about the feed going from left to right, although that’s not what’s in the diagram.
Trying to swap right for left. Those bulb sockets are TIGHT. Any tips? Is it brute, gloved finger strength?

·
Super Moderator
10,796 Posts
Those bulb sockets are TIGHT. Any tips? Is it brute, gloved finger strength?
The socket shouldn't be that hard to separate from the bulb. Normally I wouldn't call it "brute force" - just "force". So TIGHT might imply that it is corroded, which could explain the resistance. Some non-oily lubricant, like silicone, might help get it apart without making a mess.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Swapping left and right bulbs made no difference. The left side still glows.
Also, the outer lamps do have high beam filaments as they get brighter when the stalk switches to high.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I didn’t see your post, Jay. I swapped the socket assemblies. Back to release the bulbs from the sockets.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
According to your diagram each light has a single filament.. PO's do some strange things... Keep that in mind. Does te index show the bulb wattage as one number or 45/40 for example.indicating two .

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
What that tells me is the difference in the internal and external lights is the physical aim of the beam. The externals should be aimed down and the internals aimed higher to have the effect of a low beam and high beam on two different sets of lights. with the same wattage.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts