Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the choices::

keep the TT. spend some money on maintenence and modifications to keep it for several years. (i do still love the TT)

buy a porsche cayman, a spectacular car in all respects...

or wait for alfa romeo to return to the US, and get an Brera Coupe.

opinions?

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Don't hold your breath waiting for Alfa's return.
The choice is more likely between the TT and the Cayman.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm an Audi fan and currently drive an S6, but I think the Cayman is better than the TT in nearly every respect, save price.

Regards,
Lawrence

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm an Audi fan and currently drive an S6, but I think the Cayman is better than the TT in nearly every respect, save price.

Regards,
Lawrence
S6 eh? nice. whaddya think of the new S5?

well, in all fairness...the TT is a 7 year old car...the Cayman is a NEW car.

The Cayman is a blast to drive, and is a better driving car...however it DOES lack the charm of the TT (interior, styling, presence). And, my current TT is tuned to 270hp...a MORE powerful car than the base Cayman....so the Cayman would actually be a step down in power, however it is lighter...

the major problem with the Cayman is WINTER! it's clearance is very low, making it difficult to negotiate through occasional NY snow....

i would LOVE a Brera....an AWD one especially...it's just the uncertainty of waiting at the moment.

·
Registered
692 Posts
get a GTV .... people think mine's an Audi TT ... for some reason ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
If year-round practicality is a concern, I'd keep the TT. Spend a little money with APR and keep the car well maintained. In a couple years after Alfa again postpones their re-entry to the US, you can either buy a depreciated Cayman S or the next gen TT.

I don't have an opinion yet on the S5 as I've only seen it briefly. Octane magazine wasn't overly thrilled with it.

Regards,
Lawrence

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If year-round practicality is a concern, I'd keep the TT. Spend a little money with APR and keep the car well maintained. In a couple years after Alfa again postpones their re-entry to the US, you can either buy a depreciated Cayman S or the next gen TT.

I don't have an opinion yet on the S5 as I've only seen it briefly. Octane magazine wasn't overly thrilled with it.

Regards,
Lawrence
yeah that plan makes alot of sense. I am really won over by the Cayman in many ways....however i've been waiting for Alfa to come back for a few years now, and i keep holding my breath waiting for a US return....but all sources i have say that it is HIGHLY unreliable to predict when they will actually return.

So it seems i'm leaning towards keepin the TT at the moment...unless a lightening strike of enlightenment arrives ;)

the 3rd choice is the cool (in my opinion) 135i Coupe about to be launched in the spring. 2 doors. RWD. lots of grunt. But i've never really liked BMWs....and owning one would almost be sacreligious to my Audi loyalty!

thanks for your input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts