Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter my car has always started on the first try without having to press the throttle. The last few days have been very hot and when I went to start it yesterday it fired up, then died right away. I was able to get it going by keeping the revs up for about 20 seconds, after which it idled perfectly at 1000rpm. If I let off the gas, it would stall. This morning it was cooler, around 40f, and it started up fine. By the afternoon it was around 75f and I had the same problem. Any ideas what I should check first?

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Try unplugging the blue electrical connector at the Cold Start Injector (CSI) when the ambient temps are high. Perhaps the Cold Start system is telling the CSI to squirt when it is not needed? The CSI is not under computer control. The Thermo Time Switch (TTS) is supposed to control the CSI based on coolant temp and also limiting the time it is allowed to squirt. A faulty TTS might allow the CSI to squirt when it is not needed - in effect 'flooding' the engine with too much fuel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try that out this out next week when it gets warmer. Today it was about 50f and it started fine again. Once the car is warmed up completely and stopped, it starts again fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts