Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone explain to me the different versions of the milano's?

verde, platinum, etc ?

thanks.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
gold/platinum were interior and trim "upgrades" with the plat haveing an LSD..verde i belive is a body kit

someone will correct me im sure

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Silver, Gold & Platinum have a 2.5 liter engine. The trim level is nicer as yu go up the "scale". The Verde (Quadrifoglio performance edition) has a 3 liter engine, and the body spoilers. Yes, the Platinum and Verde do share some of the upgrades, which are not found in the Gold and Silver editions.

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver, Gold & Platinum have a 2.5 liter engine. The trim level is nicer as yu go up the "scale". The Verde (Quadrifoglio performance edition) has a 3 liter engine, and the body spoilers. Yes, the Platinum and Verde do share some of the upgrades, which are not found in the Gold and Silver editions.

Best regards,
do you use your milano a lot?

i would love to see pictures of it.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
automatic?!?!?!? ewww that takes the fun out of things imo

ive got pics of my milano platinum prior to editing if youd like

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
do you use your milano a lot?

i would love to see pictures of it.

thanks.
I'm not using it all right now, because it is waiting in line for a full paint job. This will be done by true Alfa restorers, and they have a lot of work, so I just have to be patient. When it's done, I'll be driving it sparingly, but one of its uses will be to take lessons on the track. The Milanos are excellent as dual purpose cars, and they are comfortable enough to drive out to the tracks. (As you know, around here we've got to go to CT or PA.) BTW, I bought my Verde from Giuseppe, from the AIC...

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here ya go...one thing i did love about the platinum is the combination suede and leather thruout interior
thanks for sharing. i have always been a big fan of the milano. so i am just "thinking" about buying one if it comes along.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm not using it all right now, because it is waiting in line for a full paint job. This will be done by true Alfa restorers, and they have a lot of work, so I just have to be patient. When it's done, I'll be driving it sparingly, but one of its uses will be to take lessons on the track. The Milanos are excellent as dual purpose cars, and they are comfortable enough to drive out to the tracks. (As you know, around here we've got to go to CT or PA.) BTW, I bought my Verde from Giuseppe, from the AIC...

Best regards,
did you just recently purchase your milano? will you be getting the car painted in NJ or OH? as you know i have already done a lot of work on my near perfect spider. i would love to buy a milano in just as good shape which could be very hard to find. since milano's are very rare, i am not in any rush. if this was a perfect world - i would buy a late model milano, automatic, less then 15k miles, all original for about 15k. i am not one to buy a car and work on it myself - so the car has to be in excellent condition. is this realistic to find or am i dreaming?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,071 Posts
Finding babied Milanos is pretty hard. Most of them I see seem to be of the "rode hard, put up wet" variety. The auto ones are pretty uncommon, too. So while the perfect car may be out there for you, I don't doubt that it's going to require a lot of looking.

If you want a V6 Alfa you might have more luck looking for a 164. There are a lot more available with automatics, for starters.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I flipped a Milano auto a few months ago. It was so claen but the auto is just no fun. Once moving at freeway speeds you're OK but acceleration is like a 80's Mercedes deisel without a turbo, well not that bad but close.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
did you just recently purchase your milano? will you be getting the car painted in NJ or OH? as you know i have already done a lot of work on my near perfect spider. i would love to buy a milano in just as good shape which could be very hard to find. since milano's are very rare, i am not in any rush. if this was a perfect world - i would buy a late model milano, automatic, less then 15k miles, all original for about 15k. i am not one to buy a car and work on it myself - so the car has to be in excellent condition. is this realistic to find or am i dreaming?
It's being painted in NJ, and it's already at the shop. It's anything but a low mileage example, but the engine was re-done, and the interior is also perfect. To me, the most important criteria is the reliability of the car. Any car I own must be able to go cross country anytime, so I'm fanatical about keeping the cars properly maintained. I also find that once an Alfa is sorted, the most inexpensive approach is to never skimp on its maintenance. If a $1k job is coming up, I don't try to cut any corners to get it done for less. I also won't buy a car from a seller that had his/her Alfa serviced by a non-Alfa mechanic.

Since you are looking for an automatic Milano, that rules out the Verde, which is the most expensive of the editions. And yes, the other editions did offer an automatic option and there are pristine examples. I doubt that you'll find one with 15k mi., since for a 20 year old car this would mean less than 1k mi. per year, but there are original owners with cars with less than 30k/40k mi. No offense to anyone here, but I find that the level of cars owned by AROC members is pretty hard to beat. Anytime they have a get together, you see incredible cars drive up, and you find equally rare examples in their home garage(s). Every so often I see such pristine examples advertised in the AROC magazine.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Just because the car only has 15K miles doesn't mean things won't go wrong.

It's possible the car will have an early style hydraulic tensioner that fails with very expensive engine damage as the result, and a slim chance that the head gaskets will fail if they are of the earlier type. Also, Milano interiors don't hold up well at all, age will make them fall apart faster than normal.

I'd just find a very well maintained car and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Best regards,
New Jersey Motorsports Park will like to have a word with you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts