Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between a 2.5 distributor and a 3.0 distributor on the V6 Milanos...?

How about between the vacuum-advance units? An differences in the curves...?

Also, anybody ever heard of a motor swallowing the rubber o-ring that resides inside the manual idle adjustment valve on the right side of the plenum...?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
this is out of my book.
it is not very clear which it which.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,775 Posts
I think it's the same curve for both engines. The two bars are the allowable limits. So it's max advance of 12 +/- 2 degrees at 450 mbar.

Incidentally, I've verified this curve on my 2.5 with a MityVac.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Swallowing O Ring

Funny you mention that! As you are aware, I am converting to Go Tech. I took off the adjustment fitting. O ring was gone! I had replaced it a couple of years ago so it was fairly new. Don't need it now, anyway!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
With the standard plenum (even with GoTech) you will still need the o-ring if you keep the adjustment "valve"... (Vacuum leak right there - idle hunts...)

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, yeah - but inside there is an o-ring... The "nipple" that you are now capping off- it seals with an o-ring inside (or are you screwing in a new cap of sorts?) How are you air-sealing that screw then - rtv or something?)

·
Registered
120 Posts
O ring

First of all sorry for hijacking your thread, sort of.
I know what you mean. I will probably go the RTV route , at least temporarily. Either that or get a metric bolt and put that in with some sealer.
Plan on firing up tomorow.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all good Tony - no problem...

Good luck - headers will ship Monday BTW!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure did - thanks - guy is sitting on his wallet... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts