Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the diff. our motors carry 155 hp and 145 tq. the alfas carry 178 hp and 165 tq.. what are the diff in the 2.2 motors, thanks

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
To the best of my knowlegde neither 147 or 159 engines was called Ecotech.
The 147 was offered with 1,6 and 2,0 L TS (tween spark) 16 valve (as in the 4 cyl. 156s) engine of the so called Modulo engines. Share with a number of Fiat and Lancia models.
The 159's were GM (Opel) 4 cyl. engine in 1,8, 1,9, and 2,2 L form. Alfa had developed a version of the cyl. head differing from the GM. An V6 GM engine (Holden developed) 3,2 L engine was also offered.
Read about the models here The Alfa Romeo pages @ C a r s f r o m I t a l y and here The Alfa Romeo pages @ C a r s f r o m I t a l y
Diesel engine was Fiat Power Trains development in both 147 and 159 plus a large number of Fiat, Lancia and Alfa models.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
opel and fiat co developed this motor.. lotus did the head...I am just looking for the red cover in the centre of the cam towers, this holds the coil pack. go to wiki.. ecotech gen 1 motor..even has official alfa romeo photos of this motor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts