Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever swapped the drivetrain from a 75 turbodiesel into an Alfetta? I dont really have the space of money to do it, but if it would work that would make a cool daily driver (I know it would probably be easier to swap into a milano, but i live in cali and its illegal to swap a diesel into anything newer than 75 if you are going to drive it on the street.)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
ya know i dont see any reason it wouldnt go into it easy enuf....my only issue would be the posible weight....isnt it heavy?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure, if it was ok an an alfa 75 would it be that much worse in an alfetta? I dont really know anything about them other than knowing they were sold in some other countries.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What a great idea, I would like to see someone do this and document the process.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I suppose you mean the Alfetta Sedan, not the Alfetta GT/GTV/GTV6? There were four-door Alfettas with turbodiesel engines, but I seem to remember they were the later "longnose" version. Grafting a TD VM engine and all its ancillaries in a Sports Sedan, however, might be more difficult or impossible because of lack of space - maybe more seasoned European BB'ers could shed some light on this?. Regarding weights and so on, I don't see why it should not be possible, it is practically the same chassis (although the specification/thickness of the torsion bars in the Alfetta TD version may different from the ones used in the 2.0 Otto engine).

What about the utimate perversion - a turbodiesel Alfetta GTV/GTV6? And what about an automatic GTV6 - I understand it has already been done Stateside, using automatic Milano bits?

·
Registered
857 Posts
There were indeed 2.4 and 2.4TD engines, on Alfettas they are so scarce I'm not sure you could even find one in Italy. 75 same story, probably a little more production.

It's a nice curiosity but I warmly recommend against. You'll have real trouble even finding service parts for this engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts