Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
There are no pimps in Italy!

Oh unless, maybe you are refering to a "Short Term Romance" broker.

MrC

BTW my Giulia Nuova Super was painted last weekend FINALLY!
BUT after the painter colorsanded and buffed it, the primer is showing through in a few places. I can't believe this! He is going to repaint it ! Getting cars painted is a real pain.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,378 Posts
When we were in Milano last, a hooker was tossed out of the hotel we were staying at. She returned a short while later - with her pimp - to argue with the management! It was quite entertaining, even if we couldn't understand all of it as they were speaking quite fast!

Unfortunately, I didn't see if they left in a GTV or not.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Is there a Rag Top option on that one? I'm over vinyl on my pimp rides.

p.s wasn't there a GTV made for Australia, that had a cloth top (or something)?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Ah, but this one's got a landau top. Almost 3" of padding in this baby.

I haven't seen any cloth topped GTV's. Just the cloth sun roof that was popular on European cars. It would be kinda cool to peel back the roof like that though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
In NY, there is a highway (2 lanes, very windy) called the Jackie Robinson. It connects Brooklyn and Queens Counties. The section where it terminates in Brooklyn is a little unsavory. The drug dealers in this area prefer Milanos for their exceptional speed and handling abilities, thus enabling them to avoid prosecution and retrobution, u no wat im sain?

·
Administrator
12,176 Posts
p.s wasn't there a GTV made for Australia, that had a cloth top (or something)?
That was made in England and was horrible. It had a vinyl roof and was an SE model (or something like that).

It was their attempt to get rid of their last 2000 GTV's, and was in incredible bad taste.

First thing I would do is remove the vinyl ...

Pete

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
When I was growing up just outside Montreal, all the cops drove Ford LTDs with big engines. They could easily catch the muscle car guys...but had a lot of trouble catching Mini Coopers, Lotus Cortinas, Alfas, BMW 2002s and some of the hopped-up Renaults on the two-lane curvy roads through the Laurentian mountains...that's where the famous Mont Tremblant track where the CanAm races were held (remember the Chaparral?).

I was not a pimp, OK?

But, it sure was fun back then! ;)

NOWUTOMSAYINYO?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
As someone who also grew up in the Montreal area, I have to agree with you Alex. I spent a lot of time at St. Jovite in the late 60s, but the real fun started in 1969 when I go my 69 GTV!!!

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts