Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I joined the Alfa fraternity by luck, good timing and liking a chat with customers about dream cars. Mentioning I always wanted an Alfa paid off.. I purchased 2000 model 2.5L, 156 Monza edition with only 13,000kms, yep literally a nice old lady who drove it to the shops once a week. I have 20,000kms on it now and just had my first reverse park mishap (reversing sensors spoiled me) I heard the scrape but was running late and forgot to check when I got back. I lost the rear mudflaps and when I investigated I could have swore there was something more substantial under the rear end, a black plastic undertray of some sort. It may be a false memory as I can find no reference to it and no pics, I was telling myself it may have been exclusive to the Monza edition but I need to find out before I try every wreckers looking for a part that may not exist.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,590 Posts
My car is a Monza and when I bought it it had a wing thing on the bottom of the rear bumper. I'm 52 and as the boot lid has been replaced, meaning the rear wing has been lost, I hated the look of this thing so removed it.

But there is nothing underneath, unless a previous owner removed it.

I'll find a photo. Here you go: 156 - were skirts an option or is it a different model?

Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is a Monza and when I bought it it had a wing thing on the bottom of the rear bumper. I'm 52 and as the boot lid has been replaced, meaning the rear wing has been lost, I hated the look of this thing so removed it.

But there is nothing underneath, unless a previous owner removed it.

I'll find a photo. Here you go: 156 - were skirts an option or is it a different model?

Pete
Thanks Pete, I have come to the conclusion that the scraping was just the little mudlaps. I can source them from the UK but all of the 156s I have seen do not have them, so I will live without them. The guard liners come down a bit further without them but the ding in the side door rules me out of any concours comps anyway.

Thanks again,
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts