Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I throw this question because Tito Anselmi don´t mention 914xxx; neither do Salvetti-Morlacchi along thier new book. However, Fusi and Tabucchi quoted 914001 to 914081, with reference to Limousine coachs (6 or 7 seats) based on chassis "Turismo"which were built along 1939-1940.

What do you think about this? I know Alfa Romeo´s archives were distroyed along II World War but, nobody have seen a 914xxx survivor?....if this nomenclature did exist, of course.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
914xxx series cars

Not many examples are known. In fact, only two are known today to my studies. We know that at least one other example survived the WWII time period.

914041 is in wonderfully modified "sport" form (albeit certainly not a "racing" form despite the shortened chassis) that dates almost certainly from the immediate postwar time period, I'd say, "probably 1947-1951". From the nature of parts that came from other cars (yet not changed in more than 50 years), I am guessing that the original car was damaged quite badly before or during WWII and that it became resurrected afterwards (perhaps near Brescia?) due to some passions that await study in order to describe them fully. The resurrection included a new numerical identity that is not Alfa Romeo in origin but was instead assigned by an agency of the Italian government.

914049 was offered 2011 in Italy.

914069 survived WWII but is not known today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts