Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends car has them, neither of us are sure if they are original or not for an early USA S2 model car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve - good morning. This car has proper belts.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi Steve - good morning. This car has proper belts.

that's a spider with those seats ? mine has nothing like those...sorry ... I had no idea they ever did anything like that. I can't imagine trying to jam anyone behind the two seats...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a spider with those seats ? mine has nothing like those...sorry ... I had no idea they ever did anything like that. I can't imagine trying to jam anyone behind the two seats...
It is actually, can't imagine anyone besides kids would fit.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the note, when I pulled the belts out today it was clear they were non-factory.

It must be pretty cool to have that sort reference point.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
There was a seat back and bottom available for the back jump seats. If someone has the european parts book for the early 70's spider maybe they could post a picture of the pages that show the rear parts.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Short of removing the top, you could only really use these with the convertible top raised, no?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys - there are two bolts that have threads that stick into that rear passenger section. Bolt heads are in the rear of the car, maybe swaybar mounts?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
skip, in the USA spiders didn't not come with rear seatbelts, to be so equipped would have been illegal and not authorized by ALFA ROMEO; someone added those in the picture to your friends car. On a 78 the retractors for the front seat belts were mounted in the rear section of the car. Please post a photo of the "bolt heads"; the sway bar mounts have a total of four bolts that protrude from underneath into the rear section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts