Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to the diameter of the plenum couplers. Replacing some crap hose clamps to eliminate leaks and wondering if a part that's designed for the exact diameter might not be a better idea than the old fashioned worm gear clamps.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing all of the crummy cheap-o worm gear clamps under the hood. Tired of air leaks and power loss after spending all the money on slick silicone hoses. Lesson for the kids - when you replace your vacuum and air hoses, replace the clamps too. The more you know...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
51 mm seems small... that's about 2". SAE size 51 is about 3", but why in the world would ROmablok have SAE size stampings? Time to break out the calipers.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
The intake runner ID is approximately 36mm. 51 mm clamps are right. Listen to Joe.

If you have worm gear drive clamps then you don't have original clamps. The originals are actually an excellent design and don't tear up the rubber. If you want original Romablok clamps I have a large-ish stash of nice ones.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. 51 mm it is!

My car has a hodgepodge of three different types of clamps, ranging from the original Romablok to $1 worm gear clamps to some sort of rusty, wire contraption. It's time to replace the crappy ones, and clean up the Romablok ones.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Cool. 51 mm it is!

My car has a hodgepodge of three different types of clamps, ranging from the original Romablok to $1 worm gear clamps to some sort of rusty, wire contraption. It's time to replace the crappy ones, and clean up the Romablok ones.
There ya go! Kroil is your friend on the way to cleanliness and unstuck-ness, anti-seize is your friend for reassembly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts