Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came with a hodgepodge of window rubber and I'd like to get it correct so that maybe it won't leave like a sieve. I see on the Mr. Fiat site there's myriad profiles and I honestly don't know where Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 go on the car. Anyone have some insight to share?
Alfetta GTV - Alfa Romeo - Italian Cars

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I ordered from them. Found a profile that matched the outside window seal by looking at what was left of it(I think there were three choices, and these are for the OUTSIDE lower window seal ..maybe they will fit the inside too? if needed). The rubber slides into the lower outside chrome (on alfetta) black (on gtv6) metal trim. The lower outside seal chrome bit is riveted (on Alfetta) to front door panel so don't break it trying to remove the little plastic end cap. have to take the whole door panel off... Took a month for seal to arrive, but came with about 20 feet!

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got seals from Highwood too, but the channel rubber for the rears, specifically in the metal uprights, is too small and doesn't seal. It looks like Mr. Fiat has that set for about $220. **** that's a lot of money for rubber...

The stuff I got from Highwood looks virtually identical to the rubber on the left, below. The rubber I (think) I need is on the right.

I got generic door seals from JC Whitney that work like a champ for $50 total. No felt, but otherwise do the job perfectly. I wonder if they sell a profile similar to those channel pieces that would do the job for a similar price point?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
We didn't replace the window channel guides-- I see the profile you're talking about. We replaced the outer belt weatherstrip against the window glass, from the A pillar to the rear kickup.

You're right- you can buy generic window channel guides about anywhere, just make certain of the inside dimensions of the steel support channel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts