Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Thats odd, it might be a loose ground or something hard to trace, also a battery wire? AFM flapper? maybe the spring is worn. Sounds like you have quite the hunt ahead of you. Good Luck
I know squat about Milanos - but it does sound like a loose ground or wire. Are there any important electrical grounds on the right hand side of the engine bay? I'd think with pulling a hard right the G-forces will want to pull things to the left, perhaps something on that side of car is pulling away from it's ground or lifting into contact with another wire or ground and causing the shutdown.:confused:
On a brighter note - at least it's fairly consistant :D usually, they're more Mercurial in their habits!

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
(Also noted that the idot lights on the dash do not come on when the engine dies.)
That sounds like the battery is becoming ungrounded...how's the condition of the grounding wire?

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
My first thought also, but why does resting the car for a time eliminate the problem for a few laps? That's what has me stumped
Actually - I'd really resist the urge factor that into the equation. It's hard to do when it seems so consistent, I know, but sometimes it's just a coincidence that it happens that way. :(
I once had a loose starter wire, that would render my car dead only when it was warm (so it seemed - though thinking about it right now, perhaps the metal expanded on the spade connector and that caused it to lose the connection?), I'd let it cool down and it would start right back up on the first try. Drive it some more, shut it down, try to restart after a few minutes and nothing... Drove me absolutely mad for months before finding the culprit!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.