Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the bare body of a DHLA 40 H. One of the 2 carbs I received is completely mangled and as far as I can tell isn't even close to rebuildable or even repairable. 2 of the smaller screws were completely seized in the carburettor with corrosion. Heat, extractors, and both of those combined couldn't even come close to getting the screws out. In the process quite a few of the threads were stripped and/or holes turned to ovals, and the tower for the other screw cracked. We tried to repair it but the crack just opened right back up. This is the last part I need so that maybe I can get my stupid car running again this year. I have all the components to rebuild it, so all I need is the body. It can be a little rough, I bought a soda blaster so I can clean it up. (One of these).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hallo ,
i have one DHLA H , complete , only the chokes are demontated. If you dont get something in USA ?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I should have one in Canada, if you can't locate one on your side of the border.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
977 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point in time, yes. The one that turned out is in quite lovely condition. Unfortunately that's a bit much. I was hoping to not spend much more than $50 on something, which is one of the reasons I wanted just a bare casting. However, silly me forgot about the Italian car tax, so I'd have to give an arm and a leg to get what I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts