Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been thinking about visiting a junkyard just for kicks... don't really need anything at this time, but it's always good to stock up on parts I could use in the future for various cars. As I'm newly returned to the Dallas area after a 6 year stint in the north, I don't know my way around any more.

Anyone know of a good junkyard that might have Alfa parts? Looking for a pick-u-part kind of place. Something that specializes in European cars.

Thanks! :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hooligan-- Don't know what your experiences have been, but if you can even find a wrecking yard in the DFW area that has Alfas good luck in getting a fair price for anything you'd need. Apple Auto Salvage in Mansfield, TX used to have some Alfa stuff occasionally. You'll probably have better luck finding a whole car for parts off Craig'slist, etc., if you have storage room. If you need specific pieces I have found that Robert Rogers @ Shadetree Enginetrics (972-771-0804) has the elephant's graveyard for all things Alfa and Fiat, locally at least and is fair on prices-- no affiliation, just a satisfied customer. I know it's fun to dig around in junkyards but nowadays the Alfa pickin's are pretty slim, so if you do go, be prepared to spend awhile and take your lunch.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hooligan-- Don't know what your experiences have been, but if you can even find a wrecking yard in the DFW area that has Alfas good luck in getting a fair price for anything you'd need. Apple Auto Salvage in Mansfield, TX used to have some Alfa stuff occasionally. You'll probably have better luck finding a whole car for parts off Craig'slist, etc., if you have storage room. If you need specific pieces I have found that Robert Rogers @ Shadetree Enginetrics (972-771-0804) has the elephant's graveyard for all things Alfa and Fiat, locally at least and is fair on prices-- no affiliation, just a satisfied customer. I know it's fun to dig around in junkyards but nowadays the Alfa pickin's are pretty slim, so if you do go, be prepared to spend awhile and take your lunch.
Capp, thanks for the note! Are there other yards near Apple in Mansfield?

Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Robert Rodgers at Shade Tree Enginetrics out east of Nevada (east side of Lake Lavon) keeps a bone yard of parts cars and wrecked Alfa's, Fiats, Lancia's and an occaisional Maserati. He is the best source for used parts other than Ebay or the internet web sites that let you search the posted inventories for various junk yards. Robert's phone number is 972-843-8134. He is also a great mechanic and keeps both my 164 and my Fiat 124 running great.

Good luck,

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts