Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am a new member of the forum and this is my first post so bear with me if my protocol is not as it should be.
I have a very sorry tale to relate.
I have a 1976 2000 veloce spider which was imported from California. When I bought it the car was stripped to be converted to R/H drive and painted in Red but was never completed.
I have the rolling body/chassis and most other parts in my garage at home but the original 33k miles engine/ gearbox a spare engine I had bought for its European cams and a set of Cromadora wheels were in a lock up
Garage at another location. I went to the lock up last week only to find some bas---d had broken in, stolen the lot and to add insult to injury had tipped a load of rubbish in there.
If any one has this mix of bits offered I would appreciate a heads-up. I doubt I will ever see them again they have sadly probably been weighed in for scrap. If anyone knows of an engine or gearbox or both that's for sale, something that needs work would be OK ( budget is tight ), I would really appreciate it.
please check the security of where you store your stuff, some free loader is out there trying to make money out of the things you've worked hard or saved for.
regards 4D

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,823 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. There are enough Alfas out there that you should be able to find an engine and gearbox somewhere.

I assume you are in the UK?

·
Push hard and live
10,906 Posts
Well... there is the stumbling block posed by your word “budget”, but you could achieve a very high level of fun by visiting the Alfaholics website.

I have found that the price of the “very best” and “just good enough” is not that much, but the reduction in hassle and improvement in joy is well worth it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break in.

Try **** (Mike) at VintageAlfa. He is in Bedfordshire, and usually has a few engines and boxes.

EDIT. I know him as M i c k, but the auto censor doesn't seem to like that name!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Classic Alfa always have a stock of used engines. I think most need a complete overhaul but worth a chat to them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to you all for the information and ideas. I will persevere with the restoration and will no doubt be back to pick your brains for help and ideas.
Regards 4D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts