Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 Milano Verde with 15's... Can anyone provide alignment specs and advice?

Stock shocks and springs at the moment...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have mild performance upgrades to my suspension. Koni reds set to firm up front with a 27mm swaybar, stock ride height. GTV6 coils in back with Bilstein HD and 22mm swaybar. My alignment specs are: -3 camber, +5 caster, 1/16 toe in. With 205/50-15 Nitto NeoGen's I've gone 25000 miles with absolutely no abnormal tire wear. The turn in is quicker, straight line at speed is very stable.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I have an 88 Milano Verde with 15's... Can anyone provide alignment specs and advice?

Stock shocks and springs at the moment...
If you're stock don't plan on doing much from factor specs (in owners manual and available all over the BB and google) besides possibly adding a bit of caster.

I've attached Centerline recommendation. Solid starting point. Of course, the obvious things apply. i.e. if your tie rods are worn, or any other bushings for that matter, there is no sense in doing any kind of "precision" alignment. Test the ball joints and check all bushings for damage or severe deflection. Caster bushings are usually trashed and cause all kinds of problems. Any good shop will know what to do with the specs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Factory specs taken from '86 Milano Workshop manual:

Milano Front wheel alignment specs.jpg

Owner who scanned this manual had some write-ins but it looks like:

Toe-Out
1 mm, Angle 9'

Caster
-30'

max diff between right and left 20'

Camber
-30'

--------

In the rear (not sure how that's adjusted except to use welder)

Toe-In
0 to 10'

Caster
0 +or- 30'

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you to all of you.. Rob, mrc & tuner. You guys are awesome! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
No problem Rob. Interesting differences between the Centerline specs and the one from the Milano Workshop manual. They specify toe-in and 4.5° positive caster and the Alfa specs say toe-out (1/2°) and only 1/2° positive caster (which was a bit surprising).

Here's a an Intrax link worth reading (even though our cars are not McPherson strut) Camber, Caster, Toe-in/Toe-out, explained - Intrax Racing

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Factory specs taken from '86 Milano Workshop manual:

View attachment 641129

Owner who scanned this manual had some write-ins but it looks like:

Toe-Out
1 mm, Angle 9'

Caster
-30'

max diff between right and left 20'

Camber
-30'

--------

In the rear (not sure how that's adjusted except to use welder)

Toe-In
0 to 10'

Caster
0 +or- 30'
The "write in" for the caster angle looks to me more like "4 degrees plus or minus 30 minutes" to me!

Looks far more correct than 30 minutes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts