Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this once before and got a good responce but no action... I need to find a keyless entry remote (or 2) for my 92 164 would love to beable to use alarm. Also would need programing instructions. If anyone has a couple or just 1 please let me know what you would like for it..:cool:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Very hard to find a remote that will work with your car without opening the remote up and soldering some spots as I have herd. I do have the remotes as well if you want to go that route.

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Alfa 164 91-93 alarm remote coding

wow ok i will keep this in mind a little more than what i was wanting to spend i really just need the remote but will definetly consider it...
Not that easy but if you do find a remote and you don't have your old one you first need to find RF code sticker inside ECU so you can change code in new remote with a soldering gun.

If you have working remote you can buy aftermarket remotes that are designed to lay along side old remote and pick up code but most people don't have old working remote.

The 94-95 systems are completely different so don't get a remote for that model it won't work on your 91-93.

See this TSB for how to solder in codes: Alfa 164 TSB 40.95.02

And you thought it was a simple plug and play exercise didn't you!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I do have my fob, altough held together by rubber bands it does work. where can I find the aftermarket fob that rf sense ? i would love to buy 1 or 2 new ones. Robb

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
I do have my fob, altough held together by rubber bands it does work. where can I find the aftermarket fob that rf sense ? i would love to buy 1 or 2 new ones. Robb

Search eBay for examples of them.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
A couple of years ago Michelle at Spruell had some on the shelf that were new. She wouldn't guarantee them because of the age of the batteries.(corrosion and all) You might give them a call and see what they have still.

Paul

·
Registered
546 Posts
Need a keyfob for my 94 LS

My '94 LS didn't come with a keyfob for the keyless entry. So I'm in the same boat as several others. I guess that I'll try to fina an Alfa fob, but I'll probably end up getting an aftermarket unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts