·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
Lance:

AROSC has made this an official event, and AROCSD members are always welcome to join us. We will be having a judged concours in the corral section, a tour through 29 Palms on Saturday, and a dinner on Saturday evening.

Details about these events are in the "Alfacionada". If you aren't getting "Alfacionada", send me your email via the BB, and I'll get an electronic copy to you.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay
Paul wrote me earlier today, advising of the same and will be posting details soon.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Desert Classic, a must do event for So Calif

Start 2011 off right by joining AROSC at the fourth annual Desert Classic Concours d‘Elegance, February 26-27 in the lovely town of La Quinta.
This is an official Chapter event, and we will hold our first AROSC concours of 2011 at the Desert Classic. New Concours Chair Fred Firschein has a new take on how we’ll conduct this years concours.
On Sunday Feb 27 we will have an Alfa corral, on the golf course, adjacent to the concours. Registration, thru Desert Classic, is $40 (one car, two persons) and the deadline is February 1. An entry form is at Palm Springs Desert Classic Car Show: Concours d'Elegance - Exotic Car Show Events, Automotive Event Southern California Vintage Automobiles, Ferraris, Historical Automobiles, Palm Springs Road Race. You must be in the corral to be part of the club concours. Corral entrance is 6am - 9:30am and we must stay there until about 4pm after awards.
We also have a Saturday tour through 29 Palms, down into Joshua Tree Monument with a lunch time picnic. That evening we will invade a local home in LaQuinta for a now famous BBQ. Details at: 2011 Desert Classic will be AROSC

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I will be there for the races the prior weekend and the show the next weekend. I have been going through my pictures from prior years and it is remarkable to me all the great cars that show up. The races should bring a great new group to the events.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm off to the races tomorrow and the show the following weekend. I want to see lots of great Alfas while I'm there.

Are there any Alfa bbers planning to be at the races?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, too much to do at home to be away two weekends in a row. See you at the show!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lance, happily, I live within a mile of the La Quinta resort. Sadly, my Sprint is being painted today, and I can't show it this year. My plan is to have it ready next year. My friend and neighbor will be showing his 1957 1900 CSS Sprint next week. I'll look for you guys then.
Bob

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The show should be good if you can't make the races. I was surprised at how fun the Chuckwalla Valley track seems. I got a ride for a few hot laps in a Mustang, and the track seems fast with some good elevation changes. If I were in the area I would try to do an event there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts