Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I know this was discussed once before, but I can't find the posting. Question: Can this silver dollar sized depression be found on the early S2 Spiders, 1971 through 1974, with the polished bumpers?

I'm tempted to get rid of it. Why is it there? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
I've heard that Voloft or Paxil are good for removing depression...

(yeah...it's Friday...been a long week)
:D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Depression

Nice, Onethumb!
I am not sure if owning an Alfa could be added to your list or would be a good reason to start taking them! :confused:

I assume that the depression in question was or is used to mount the side bumper mounting plate for Euro models......
If you have the SS bumpers I would pull the bumper back to its pre US spec position so it is hidden!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Key -- yes, I have the SS bumpers. Do your '74's have the depression? Thanks.

This is a depressing topic. :(
At least it's a beautiful Saturday morning and the sun is shining! :)
But it's only 4 degrees outside.... :(
I could work on some Alfa parts in the garage today! :)
Oh yeah, the garage is bitter cold, too.... :(
Maybe I'll just crawl back into bed like Brian Wilson did. :D

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Hi Bill,

On early square tail Spiders, the ends of the stainless bumpers had a support bracket that attached to a hole in the center of the depression. When I installed Stainless bumpers on my '76 Spider, I drilled holes in these depressions to attach the bumper brackets.

Bill77 said:
Greetings. I know this was discussed once before, but I can't find the posting. Question: Can this silver dollar sized depression be found on the early S2 Spiders, 1971 through 1974, with the polished bumpers?

I'm tempted to get rid of it. Why is it there? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
conedriver said:
Hi Bill,

On early square tail Spiders, the ends of the stainless bumpers had a support bracket that attached to a hole in the center of the depression. When I installed Stainless bumpers on my '76 Spider, I drilled holes in these depressions to attach the bumper brackets.
Conedriver & Keyspider -- thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts