Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very trivial. My car is fitted with a rear window heater/demister wired through to a switch on the right hand side of the dash above the advisory lights. The original button on the switch seems to have been orange but has faded to pale pink over the years. I bought a secondhand replacement and got a red button with a stylized demister on it. According to the literature I have, the red button may in fact be the right one. Does anyone know which is correct for my car (1970 Series 2 RHD 1750GTV)?
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
My 74 GTV has the right side one. It's old so probably original. You never know what Alfa did with these type of things anyway. Consistency didn't seem all that important. The left one could have been original too.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i have 3 buttons with the right symbol; i have never seen the left button

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chris,

I also have a RHD 1750 GTV series 2 and my demister button is the same as the one on the left, although not quite as faded.

Rich

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The red button is correct. They all fade, and NOS are very hard to find. You have a nice one there so treat it like the crown jewels!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all - I guess I'll use the faded one for every day and the red one for 'dress up' outings ;)
Chris

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi Chris, how do the buttons come off? Do you have to dismantle the unit or does the button just pop off or unscrew or?? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the button on the left on a RHD 1971 GTV 1750. There is no sign of a graphic ever having been on it.

Ollie

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey daveydog (if that's your real name ;)),
The button unscrews and there is a small spring inside that seems to locate a bulb - the bulb just pulls out.
I've attached photos - I hope the detail is OK.
The bulb on the left is the standard 12V 1.2W 'bayonet' style that is used in the advisory lights, indicator lights, low fuel, alternator etc. whereas the smaller one on the right is also 12V 1.2W but is a 'pea' type and just pulls out. As far as I know, the only place it's used in these cars is in this switch.
Regards,
Chris

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts